Hey did anybody see New Edition last night

Miami Jag

Mr. Brown Eyes
They were featured on BET's The Blueprint. They song a medley of their old songs and took everybody back down memory lane. I enjoyed the show personally :tup:

Yeah I saw that show too. Those boys were still on point. It was good the see them perform at the same level they did years ago. They looked like everyone was in good health too. I mean those bruhs look almost the same as they did back in the day. I guess when you have lived a good life you can maintain. I don't think I have ever heard any of them have any troubles with drugs or the law. Unlike their boy Bobby which they had some interesting comments about. I am still lol at him thinking he was the man in that group. He only led one song back then. I guess ole Whitney got him believing he is the King of R&B.

I caught it. You can tell those guys practice a lot. They were not out of breath or anything. I have never seen them in concert. I'll have to check them out when they hit the road again.

Originally posted by BandFan
Was Bobby there????

No indeed. But they did say the door was open for him to come back if he understands it is a group and he is not the focus of NE. But you could tell they really don't want any parts of Bobby's attitude.

I don't think there are too many people out today who can fugg with Johhny Gill. Wanya and Lil G from Silk come close. That's about it.

Originally posted by NASTYNUPE
I don't think there are too many people out today who can fugg with Johhny Gill. Wanya and Lil G from Silk come close. That's about it.

NN,
Man I agree with you 100%. I have always said JG is one of the best voices in music. I thought after the solo album he had right after joining NE would skyrocket him to the top. But it has not really transpired. If I was a music producer like Face, LA, Jam or Lewis, I would have JG on top of the game. I have just never understood why his talent has not been really showcased by the record companies. Look at all the sad azz singers we have now. If I see one more manufactured so-called neo-soul mofo.:mad: JG's voice is what soul music is all about. Oh well let me get off my music soap box.

Yea...JG is R&B music. Forget that neo soul crap. I'm about sick and tired of all of these nappy headed incense burning mad because I didn't win a Grammy boring artists out today. Everything on the radio sounds the same.

DeBarge send help!!!!

...mad because I didn't win a Grammy...

:rolleyes: who's complaining?

Anyway, NE's gonna be performing at Tom Joyner's Skyshow on Friday in Indiannapolis, IN. Wonder if I can fly up there real quick :D Nah, saving up for Homecoming! Seems the boys are getting ready to tour or show up big somewhere. It's cool to hear the boys back together again (sans Bobby, prolly a good thing).

Yep, I like the neo-soul. But they definitely have New Edition & others to thank for their sound & success today.

A New Edition 20th anniversary just wouldn't be complete with out the King of R & B on stage.

I'm glad to see that they are doing well. I have seen recent interviews with "BBD" and they had a lot of good things to say. I wonder what happened to their off shoot groups.
True, nothing negative has been said about them, kinda makes you wonder.

Yep!

Ronnie still looks funny

Ralph looks like he's on that stuff..

all I can say is....it just ain't the same with out Bobby...
LOL!!!:D

They were awesome. I enjoyed the stories they told about how they were only given a $100 here and there. They have definitely lived and learned.

I heard them on Tom Joyner too and they sounded just like they did on BET.

A New Edition 20th anniversary just wouldn't be complete with out the King of R & B on stage.

:lmao:

I watched it and yeah, it took me back to the good ol' days. "Telephone Man" and "Can You Stand the Rain" are my all time favorie N.E. songs.

Back