Hey Alcorn! Anything to the Rumor....?

Because of our location it may at times be a challenge not to lose a successful coach. That's the hand we are dealt and no one from the Brave camp is crying about it. I believe most of you on this board probably don't want a coach in a key position that no one else wants. However as we say down on the reservation we will be successful "In spite of" challenges we might face. Now that's realty. "In all honesty, selling Alcorn is a lot easier than one thinks, the people make the place" and we are damn good people.

Because of our location it may at times be a challenge not to lose a successful coach. That's the hand we are dealt and no one from the Brave camp is crying about it. I believe most of you on this board probably don't want a coach in a key position that no one else wants. However as we say down on the reservation we will be successful "In spite of" challenges we might face. Now that's realty. "In all honesty, selling Alcorn is a lot easier than one thinks, the people make the place" and we are damn good people.
Y'all are good people, I like Alcorn, almost signed with them out of high school. Coach McNair is a Alcorn guy. Y'all will be just fine. Its just certain schools who want you'll to fail. Like I tell anybody, don't let nobody take your position.

Correct and there were drop offs here and there. After Hopson left you guys went 5-6 that next season. I like the fact that yall promoted from within. Both of your coordinators now are guys that's been there at least 3 years and both were better than their predecessors. I don't expect yall to fall off since your losing just the OC/Oline coach but a minor set back can be expected. Hopson left a good foundation so as long as key people are still using that model then there won't be a downfall. I was shocked that nobody came after Ced. That's the best I've seen yall defense in a while. #savages

Alcorn has SEVERAL key injuries that year too. Folk forget that..Fred hired hired a new strength and and conditioning coach and it was evident. Injuries were cut in half.

Alcorn has SEVERAL key injuries that year too. Folk forget that..Fred hired hired a new strength and and conditioning coach and it was evident. Injuries were cut in half.

Yea I think I remember that bama state game was NASTY that year. Strength coaches definitely make a difference. So glad we just got a new one.

If Hopson can get USM like he got Alcorn, this he is on to Ole Miss.

Ole Piss aint touching him. They think way too highly of themselves. Hell they just added Rich Rod as OC. Ole Piss will hire a young guy before Hopson.

Ole Piss aint touching him. They think way too highly of themselves. Hell they just added Rich Rod as OC. Ole Piss will hire a young guy before Hopson.
Hopson has reached his peek, he may not survive this year.

Correct and there were drop offs here and there. After Hopson left you guys went 5-6 that next season. I like the fact that yall promoted from within. Both of your coordinators now are guys that's been there at least 3 years and both were better than their predecessors. I don't expect yall to fall off since your losing just the OC/Oline coach but a minor set back can be expected. Hopson left a good foundation so as long as key people are still using that model then there won't be a downfall. I was shocked that nobody came after Ced. That's the best I've seen yall defense in a while. #savages

Our 2014 and 2015 defenses were just as good

Hopson has to replace a bunch of coaches that either got fired or bolted for new jobs. I don’t this he will get another job I think he has reached his potential at Southern Miss. keep making $500k and be good but he needs to win this year or he will be back at a SWAC school in 2020.

Hopson has to replace a bunch of coaches that either got fired or bolted for new jobs. I don’t this he will get another job I think he has reached his potential at Southern Miss. keep making $500k and be good but he needs to win this year or he will be back at a SWAC school in 2020.
He knows he has to win this year. If not why sign 12 JC players of your 19. That is a mortgage on your future.

Back