Herman Cain for President?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J,
I'm not saying YOU are lying...but your company is lying if they gave the reason of the healthcare bill passing as to why they are on a hiring freeze. :lol:

You are just repeating what your company told you. That's what they wanted you to do...

I'll throw your own question back at you. Name 5 legit things that Herman Cain has done that makes you think he will be a good president.

1. He uses real mozzerella cheese instead of that fake shyt
2. His parents are from Cleveland, OH so that makes him 100% Black
3. His last name is Cain...so you know he's 100% Black
4. His the CEO of a pizza company that has one location
5. He rolled down the window of his limo and told Sutrp that what Hurricane Katrina did to New Orleans was wrong

J,
I'm not saying YOU are lying...but your company is lying if they gave the reason of the healthcare bill passing as to why they are on a hiring freeze. :lol:

You are just repeating what your company told you. That's what they wanted you to do...

SS... you are no one on here have enough knowledge or insight to say ANY company you don't work for is lying about there reasons for doing anything.. now I'll leave it at that.. because just like me telling you why you company does something is stupid... The exact same is being done on your end... next subject.

SS... you are no one on here have enough knowledge or insight to say ANY company you don't work for is lying about there reasons for doing anything.. now I'll leave it at that.. because just like me telling you why you company does something is stupid... The exact same is being done on your end... next subject.

If you really believe your company went on a hiring freeze b/c of a bill that was just passed last year and only 1/4th (if that much) of it went into effect...then you are a "good employee".

Here's a list of what went/goes into effect the first year:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/...5.html#s75260&title=Encouraging_Investment_in

1. End to Pre-Existing Conditions
2. Small Businesses (less than 50 employees) get tax credit
3. Seniors will get a rebate to fill the so-called "donut hole" in Medicare drug coverage, which severely limits prescription medication coverage expenditures over $2,700. As of next year, 50 percent of the donut hole will be filled
4. Young adults covered until 27
5. Lifetime caps on amount of insurance an individual can have banned
6. Adults with Pre-existing conditions covered
7. New plans cover check-ups and preventive care without co-pay
8. Insurance companies can't cut people when he/she gets sick
9. Insurance companies must reveal how much money spent on overhead
10. Appeals process for coverage determinations and claims
11. Indoor Tanning SErvice Tax (this is probably what caused the hiring freeze :lol:)
12. Enhanced fraud abuse checks
13. Medicare expansion to rural areas
14. Non-profit Blue Cross organizations will be required to maintain a medical loss ratio -- money spent on procedures over money incoming -- of 85 percent or higher to take advantage of IRS tax benefits.
15. Chain restaurants will be required to provide a "nutrient content disclosure statement" alongside their items. Expect to see calories listed both on in-store and drive-through menus of fast-food restaurants sometime soon.
16. Better Coverage for Early REtirees
17. Better Consumer Information on the web
18. A two‐year temporary credit (up to a maximum of $1 billion) is in the bill to encourage investment in new therapies for the prevention and treatement of diseases.

Here's another link that breaks it down with more information.
http://www.huliq.com/8738/92142/health-care-bill-summary-and-timeline

Now...if your company revenue is associated with property taxes, federal money, etc...those areas are more of the cause for a hiring freeze than the new healthcare bill. It's b/c of those areas (mainly property taxes/foreclosures) my company went on hiring freeze.

Last edited:
If you really believe your company went on a hiring freeze b/c of a bill that was just passed last year and only 1/4th (if that much) of it went into effect...then you are a "good employee".

Here's a list of what went/goes into effect the first year:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/...5.html#s75260&title=Encouraging_Investment_in

1. End to Pre-Existing Conditions
2. Small Businesses (less than 50 employees) get tax credit
3. Seniors will get a rebate to fill the so-called "donut hole" in Medicare drug coverage, which severely limits prescription medication coverage expenditures over $2,700. As of next year, 50 percent of the donut hole will be filled
4. Young adults covered until 27
5. Lifetime caps on amount of insurance an individual can have banned
6. Adults with Pre-existing conditions covered
7. New plans cover check-ups and preventive care without co-pay
8. Insurance companies can't cut people when he/she gets sick
9. Insurance companies must reveal how much money spent on overhead
10. Appeals process for coverage determinations and claims
11. Indoor Tanning SErvice Tax (this is probably what caused the hiring freeze :lol:)
12. Enhanced fraud abuse checks
13. Medicare expansion to rural areas
14. Non-profit Blue Cross organizations will be required to maintain a medical loss ratio -- money spent on procedures over money incoming -- of 85 percent or higher to take advantage of IRS tax benefits.
15. Chain restaurants will be required to provide a "nutrient content disclosure statement" alongside their items. Expect to see calories listed both on in-store and drive-through menus of fast-food restaurants sometime soon.
16. Better Coverage for Early REtirees
17. Better Consumer Information on the web
18. A two‐year temporary credit (up to a maximum of $1 billion) is in the bill to encourage investment in new therapies for the prevention and treatement of diseases.

Here's another link that breaks it down with more information.

Now...if your company revenue is associated with property taxes, federal money, etc...those areas are more of the cause for a hiring freeze than the new healthcare bill. It's b/c of those areas (mainly property taxes/foreclosures) my company went on hiring freeze.

http://www.huliq.com/8738/92142/health-care-bill-summary-and-timeline

message!

I understand all of that JR.. In a perfect world you wouldn't have to be "connected"... I don't see the GOP voting anybody to go up against OBAMA unless they are part of the "club"... I was purely speaking on black man vs. black man. One from an Ivy League with not much private sector experience vs one who has got out and got his hands dirty and made money.. Now I know that don't equate into."I'm ready for the white House"... But "IF" given a chance to have those 2 go head up..I think it would be interesting to see.. Cain does talk a good game to the republicans...

One thing we can't say even though I know "most in here" are full Obama supporters "no matter what" is.. "Oh Cain wouldn't make a good president.." If Obama was given the chance.. who in heck are we to say Cain wouldn't be?

It ain't like Obama is in the white house making it hard for the next man to fill in his shoes.

If Obama was on some "Benjamin Netanyahu" type leadership I could see and probably understand the "Euphoria" most of the folk on here have for Obama.

Gas prices ain't being addressed...They trying to shut down our HBCUs...Black male Jobless rate is HIGH..The Economy is not great...shyt or good...

A President with these conditions can be beat with half decent president...
I know we have this sense of America is too big to fail.. But we can keep our eyes closed all we want ...

Those issues you put out there are of no concern the rich and powerful. Big Business is booming. My company among many others are having a record year. The little man is hurting. Not the folks who control this country. They could care less about HBCUs....gas prices... and black male jobless rate. That will never get a President not elected or re-elected. Poor folks in this country white or black fall for both party okie doke. The poor white trash folks would rather vote Republican, Tea bag etc....because they think everybody other than white has benefitted from the Government and its programs. Plus they just hate Obama. Then the poor blacks actually think one man.....meaning Obama can change the way the US operates where it concerns us. Obama is powerless. He can't save HBCUs no more than a white President can. The Republicans wanted the States to have control of all and they gave it to them under Reagan, Daddy Bush, and W Bush. Clinton being a southerner didn't fugg with it either. We just had people making so much money in the 90s that is masked the issues. Our HBCUs mismanaged a lot of our money and then the States put the squeeze on us. See the white folks look at this way.......you wanted to go to our schools and now you can........why you need a HBCU. So they aint concerned. So it will be up to us HBCU alums to keep our schools afloat. No President can do anything about saving all HBCUs. Congress is the only ones who can really do something. But they don't want to nor will they go against the State governments to make stuff equal. Now the States can claim we don't give money to the PWCs either anymore. Their rich alums keep them going.

I say this to say even if you and I were in the White House.......we would be bound to the powers that be who run this country and if we strayed too far off course.......we would be dealt with some kind of way. The President has power and is the most powerful man in the world. But make no mistake......his power is at the mercy of the ones who allow him to have it for 4 years or 8 years. And guess what.......it aint the voters.

Those issues you put out there are of no concern the rich and powerful. Big Business is booming. My company among many others are having a record year. The little man is hurting. Not the folks who control this country. They could care less about HBCUs....gas prices... and black male jobless rate. That will never get a President not elected or re-elected. Poor folks in this country white or black fall for both party okie doke. The poor white trash folks would rather vote Republican, Tea bag etc....because they think everybody other than white has benefitted from the Government and its programs. Plus they just hate Obama. Then the poor blacks actually think one man.....meaning Obama can change the way the US operates where it concerns us. Obama is powerless. He can't save HBCUs no more than a white President can. The Republicans wanted the States to have control of all and they gave it to them under Reagan, Daddy Bush, and W Bush. Clinton being a southerner didn't fugg with it either. We just had people making so much money in the 90s that is masked the issues. Our HBCUs mismanaged a lot of our money and then the States put the squeeze on us. See the white folks look at this way.......you wanted to go to our schools and now you can........why you need a HBCU. So they aint concerned. So it will be up to us HBCU alums to keep our schools afloat. No President can do anything about saving all HBCUs. Congress is the only ones who can really do something. But they don't want to nor will they go against the State governments to make stuff equal. Now the States can claim we don't give money to the PWCs either anymore. Their rich alums keep them going.

I say this to say even if you and I were in the White House.......we would be bound to the powers that be who run this country and if we strayed too far off course.......we would be dealt with some kind of way. The President has power and is the most powerful man in the world. But make no mistake......his power is at the mercy of the ones who allow him to have it for 4 years or 8 years. And guess what.......it aint the voters.

Out of all that SENSE you just made....here are SUtrp's responses:

-This is why I vote Independent.
-Both parties suck!!
-Obama can do more to save HBCU's but he's just following waht the other Presidents did in the past.
-You just admitted he is the most powerful in the world.
-Smh but "other folks" just don't get the knowledge that you and I be spitting.
-We learned this at SU. They don't understand.
-That's why I vote Independent...

JR.. All that what you are saying is what I have said before.. which is why I am of neighter party... But If I get too deep off into how the POTUS has limited control .. you would be seeing all kind of conspiracy theory jokes...

The private bankers (BIG MONEY) influence all decisions in this world.. well big decisions...

But these people in this thread don't even BELIEVE what you just posted.. they may AMEN it because it supports the fact Obama can't do much... But that is that same ol same ol I say that needs to change.. and neither party DEM nor REPUB wants it to change...

But ATLEAST is THE People wake up and stop being silly and question the obvious.. wheels may turn.. Like WHY is this black man ignoring black issues and defending illegal immagrants.. so on and so forth.. but you make solid points...

:tup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back