HELP ME PLEASE

Smiley

HELP TECHIES
:saw:
For the 4th time this year I have caught a virus again. When my computer comes up to the Desktop screen it then cuts off. I do not want to spend $100 to get it off. What is a good software that can detect it and wipe it off without losing my data? I was already running McAfee when it occurred.

See if you can do restore back a week and see if that will fix it then run some virus software.

Smiley said:
HELP TECHIES
:saw:
For the 4th time this year I have caught a virus again. When my computer comes up to the Desktop screen it then cuts off. I do not want to spend $100 to get it off. What is a good software that can detect it and wipe it off without losing my data? I was already running McAfee when it occurred.
Had you updated your virus def. you should do this every week. I think the new virus def. are released on wednesdays. You need to update the viurs def and do a thorough scan of your system

Thanks for all your advise and I will try each and everyone. To perform a system restore, do I go to Programs - Accessories - Systems - System Restore? Just checking. :nod:

Was not able to "restore" from any of the specified dates. Currently running Virus scanner with the lastest version. Anymore suggestions?

:smash:
Hey.....what are saying, Operator incompetance? Anyway I updated and ran McAfee virus a couple of times and things appear to be running alright. I was able send a few resumes out and that was the most important thing. I also scheduled weekly updates and scanning to my computer. Between updates and a conscientious use of FireFox I should be safe.

Back