Help me out here

BISON-2K1

Why is being a republican such a bad thing to so many black people.I hardly ever hear of liberals being held to the same nonsense black conservatives face.Although I have a problem with some I respect most black conservatives moreso than our so called democratic leadership.Why do we expect them to constantly prove their blackness while annointing men like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson high priests of blackness?If you look at true conservative values you will find that we have more in common with them than you think as far as lower taxes,family values,enterprise,education,etc...I think we need to rid ourselves of this double standard and seek to be a force in all arenas.

True we should seek out new alliances but conservatives have to be held to standards just like liberals. Where are they on the issues of racism? They hide!

I am personally sick of both sides of the spectrum. I like smaller focused government too but not one that is caters to big business and forgets why they are too?

The most dangerous thing for America is an educated and free thinking black!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I think a lot of people fail to research canditates the issues. For so long democrats have been associated with helping the common man where as republicans were associated with helping the rich.

I person don't believe either party is really for helping the black cause whatever that may be. So I try ot look at the candidates issues before I vote.

I don't see why Blacks look down on Republicans. I guess they are fed a bunch of propoganda by the NAACP and the URBAN LEAGUE. I think the whole political process is dirty. I don't belong to either party. There are times I feel Republican .. (crime - lock their arse up) (guns- let the good times roll) (taxes- the fewer the better) then there are times where a democratic stance sounds good (not all that often) You have to look at each candidate and determine if they really have what it takes to back up their promises. The parties put up incompetent people all the time but they have the rhetoric down. I don't want to name any names, but we all know who is real and who isn't.

I think all parties are lumped together in the same dirty water nowadays.

Democrats- We ain't stutting yo' azz, but we gonna lie like we are

Republicans- we ain't even gonnna front. we ain't stutting you and we don't want you to have skhit.

Independents- We gonna lie until we get in office, then we gonna show you we really ain't stutting your azz.

Many republicans do not support the issues many blacks support. I was watching this black republican last night saying that Jesse Jackson was shameful for saying we should be careful how we handle the Iraq issue. He said its shameful not to get behind the President. Bush had no campaign. He said tax-cut, and even some black people fell behind him like most greedy, selfish white people did. Forget civil rights, health care reform, welfare reform, education, prescription drugs, education, and making sure no American gets left behind.............masa gonna give us some more money.

The reason I don't like the republicans is becuase they take advantage of the stupidity of the average American. The Democrats do somethings to get themselves in trouble, Monica for example, but the Republicans are much better at playing the political game. They seem to be able to turn and good or bad things the Democrats do to thier own benefit. Just like when that guy retired during his sex scandal and claimed to be a bigger man than CLinton. Anyone with half a brain can see that the party asked him to do that to make CLinton look bad. The Republicans have the public convinced that they're not politicians. Somehow they've tricked the public into thinking they less dis-honest than Democrats. Can someone please tell Republican reporters that the Republicans are still politicians, and they play the game every day just like everyone else. You can't trust them any more than anyone else.

Back