HDTV: 720p vs. 1080p

I am house shopping so I started looking for the most important things that go with houses...the inside.

I was looking at HDTV's and thought the 73 inch DLP would be perfect.

This soon changed after the realization that the tv catching my eye is a projection tv and has a sweet spot. Yes, its big but the sweet spot isn't my cup of tea.

I began looking at the plasma.

Does anyone has one?

Was the life span of a plasma?

I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma but I can't pull a number out of my ass as for as life expectancy. If you are talking about having a 73" rear projection TV, then go for the 60" Plasma Flat screen.

I was in Sams yesterday and I am convinced Sony is ripping people off. They had a $3000 Sony 50/52" 1080P LCD next to a $900 Vizio 37" 720P LCD (1000:1 and a $1400 Magnavox 720P 47" LCD and the cheaper TVs looked 100x better and clearer. The Sony had very noticeably blurry edges within the picture compared to the other two.
I have BEEN telling people that... PLEASE dont let that "price thing" mess with your head. I bought a Vizio from Walmart for HALF the price that most of my friends spent on their tv. My picture is MUCH clearer than theres. I too was skeptical at first then checked for responses online. They were saying the same thing online. I went and bought one and I love it. I bought a 32 inch for 550 and bought my mom a 42 inch for 820

I'm right there with ya' D~. I've had a Vizio for 2 years. Bought a 32 inch 1080i LCD at Sam's and the picture is just as nice as the more expensive Samsung my mother purchased.

I have BEEN telling people that... PLEASE dont let that "price thing" mess with your head. I bought a Vizio from Walmart for HALF the price that most of my friends spent on their tv. My picture is MUCH clearer than theres. I too was skeptical at first then checked for responses online. They were saying the same thing online. I went and bought one and I love it. I bought a 32 inch for 550 and bought my mom a 42 inch for 820

See everyone told me to get a Vizio, but when I looked at them the picture didn't look as good as some of the others out there. I went into the store to get this Sony DLP but walked out with a LG plasma. So far I'm happy with it.

Yeah, it's all a bunch of hype. I bougt a Samsung 1080p. I'm glad I got it, but I probably wouldn't have been able to tell much of a difference from the 720.

Besides, they are all about the same when you get one home and can't compare it to another TV anyway.

I am house shopping so I started looking for the most important things that go with houses...the inside.

I was looking at HDTV's and thought the 73 inch DLP would be perfect.

This soon changed after the realization that the tv catching my eye is a projection tv and has a sweet spot. Yes, its big but the sweet spot isn't my cup of tea.

I began looking at the plasma.

Does anyone has one?

Was the life span of a plasma?

On my 73? DLP the picture is pretty consistent from all angles. The 10 year old 46? CRT it replace, I virtually had to sit directly in front of it to watch TV. The sweet spot is almost not an issue on these new rear-projector TVs.

I have a 42" Panasonic Plasma but I can't pull a number out of my ass as for as life expectancy. If you are talking about having a 73" rear projection TV, then go for the 60" Plasma Flat screen.

A 73? rear-projection is about $2000 less than a 60? plasma

Speaking of Projection TV's.......

I've got a nice sized space I'm looking to put a tv (or screen for projector) into.

Primary use would be gaming but possibly some movie watching as well.

Suggestions on what I should look in to?

Really, I have found it all depends on how much money you want to spend. My 73? Mits RP has been going strong since November, so far. It's the 73733 model that Best Buy is selling for $2,400 now. I paid $2,600 cash for TV, surround-sound, HD DVD, and stand. Like Cat Williams says ?you need to have some white friends? :swink:

I have had a 32inch Vizio for 2 years and it is a great TV.

I just bought the Vizio this past saturday at Wal Mart -it's good to know that its a good TV. The salesperson at WalMart told me that the Vizio's are the least returned TV's there.
:)

Back