HBCU Basketball: January 21 - 23

Those refs need to be suspended. Romain and Riley fouled out on phantom calls. The refs (especially that lightskinned one) let Davis run on the court and across the line but were itching to t up Payne and made him stay behind that line. And let's not even mention the ball clearly hit the rim but the shot clock not resetting

If you thought watching it on TV was bad with all the bad foul calls, imagine watching it live. TSU got back in the game on 2 phantom foul calls behind the 3 point line.

As far as the positives, if Jefferson can learn to stop playing hero ball, he will be a top 3 SWAC player easily the next 3 years. He was the leader on the floor tonight.

We know about Romain. He'll be 1st team SWAC (and still could be POTY despite missing 10 games and minutes restrictions against UAPB and AAMU). Williams was clearly feeding off the crowd and Romain. But when you have a player go for 30 points and 20 rebounds at 6'4, Valley will compete with anyone in the SWAC.

What's gonna hold Valley back is Payne and his quick hooks. He likes Phillips to start for his ball handling over Williams but he can't shoot (but can drive). Riley can be deadly when he drives but has to clean up the turnovers. Romain and Henry are still getting back in the flow with the team. Maybe tonight was the game that everyone figured it out and clicked

Nope. Not at all. Just how it typically goes with these two teams. For some reason, TSU had a hard time winning games up there. I also see the swac is rejoicing at one loss.... Lol

No way should 7'1 Jones get worked by 6'4 Henry like we saw last night. Henry had 22 rebounds and 30 points.

To be fair, Henry played 20 more minutes than Jones did. SO he didn't exactly "work" Jones....But he "worked" the team.

True but when Jones was out there against Henry, he was getting worked.

He's overly aggressive and has fouled out probably more than anyone in the SWAC without looking at stats. I assume he's being told to don't jump and don't move your arms. If I remember correctly, he's over 8 feet long with his arms extended...He gets a lot of fouls because of that reason.

He's overly aggressive and has fouled out probably more than anyone in the SWAC without looking at stats. I assume he's being told to don't jump and don't move your arms. If I remember correctly, he's over 8 feet long with his arms extended...He gets a lot of fouls because of that reason.
Gotcha. I guess those officials didn't help him out either.

Back