HBCU Baseball Through 5/12

With that pathetic record, it's an embarrassment the SWAC even let them in the tournament period. The SWAC should be ashamed.
UAPB is not that good. I mean they have less than 10 wins overall. Lol. That’s bad.
Please tell us what should the SWAC have done? Trust when SU and Bama State folks say they would rather have a bye and save their pitchers.

It didn't make any sense to not make this decision last week.

Also, should the SWAC move to removing the divisions and go to playing everyone for a 1 weekend series?

SWAC Baseball 5/7 - 5/8

Tuesday

J-State at Kansas (DH)

TX Southern at Kansas State

UAPB at Memphis

SU at UNO

Wednesday

J-State at Kansas

PV at McNeese

SU at Alcorn

That's pathetic. How Grambling and southern getting a virtual first round bye? That's F'ed up. If I were the other coaches, I'd be pissed.

If the coaches are gonna be pissed, they should be pissed at those schools that teams are ineligible. It has nothing to do with including the 8 schools that are eligible.

Other conferences don't take teams from the other division. It should've been cut to six teams to make it fair.

Do other conferences have ineligible teams to consider for making this kind of decision?

Please tell us what should the SWAC have done? Trust when SU and Bama State folks say they would rather have a bye and save their pitchers.

Also, should the SWAC move to removing the divisions and go to playing everyone for a 1 weekend series?

I don’t have a problem with what they did. I think it should be 6 teams though. I was just pointing out how bad they were but the SWAC did what it had to do.

Good points.

Yes going forward, for the integrity of the conference, I think we will be better serverd canceling the east and west divisions and playing each team one weekend series, which would also eliminate the off weekend teams have now. That way, we would guarantee to have the 6 or 8 best teams in the tournament. With a 6 team, the level of play will be greater. It would also make the regular season games mean that much more.

JSU allows home to be stolen twice on 2 wild pitches.

End of 8th
Jackson State 8
Kansas Jayhawks 7

Yes going forward, for the integrity of the conference, I think we will be better serverd canceling the east and west divisions and playing each team one weekend series, which would also eliminate the off weekend teams have now. That way, we would guarantee to have the 6 or 8 best teams in the tournament. With a 6 team, the level of play will be greater. It would also make the regular season games mean that much more.

The divisions are there for budget and traveling purposes in this non-revenue sport. No difference in how all the other non-revenue sports are held with the exception of not having those round-ups.

Back