HBCU Baseball and softball scores 2024

That last pitcher for Grambling never had it but he came out fired up
The announcers loved his enthusiasm, but he just couldn't find the plate. I thought the 1st pitch was at 11:00( Obviously eastern ) & Grambling is down 13-5 in the bottom of the 8th . So I didn't miss much apparently.

Grambling down 21-0 to Arkansas in the top of the 7th. Damn . The 2 MLB sponsored classics have spoiled me . Hard for me to find HBCU Baseball. .

CONGRATULATOINS ASU softball!

Lady Hornets walk off Samford with a three-run seventh on Tuesday afternoon​

MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Alabama State scored three runs in the bottom of the seventh inning to walk-off Samford 3-2 at the Barbara Williams Softball Complex on Tuesday afternoon.

Alabama State (8-7) trailed Samford after a two-run fifth inning before Alana Scott singled through the left side to drive home the first run of the game in the bottom of the seventh with one out. The Lady Hornets added two more when Mickey Coslor put the ball in play to third leading to a throwing error and two runs coming across to win the game.

The Lady Hornets were held to two hits, one by Kendall Smiley before the hit by Scott in the seventh.

CONGRATULATOINS ASU softball!

Alabama State holds off Jacksonville State rally for win at Black & Gold Tournament​

MONTGOMERY, Ala. | Alabama State used a four-run first inning to defeat Jacksonville State 4-3 in the final game of the Black & Gold Tournament at the Barbara Williams Softball Complex on Sunday morning.

Alabama State (9-10) used an error by Jacksonville State and a bases-loaded walk to jump out to a 4-0 lead and held off a Gamecocks rally for the win. It is the second win this week over an in-state foe for Alabama State and is the first time they have defeated Jacksonville State since a 1-0 win on Feb. 19, 2000.

Kendall Smiley picked up two of the four Alabama State hits, finishing 2-for-3 on the day with a run scored. Charity Bibbs (4-5) picked up the with a complete game effort, allowing three runs (one earned) on five hits with five strikeouts.

Jackson State and North Carolina A&T State Receive Votes in Latest National Collegiate Baseball Writer Association NCAA DI Poll​

Two storied Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) baseball programs have received votes in the latest National Collegiate Baseball Writers Association (NCBWA) 2024 NCAA Division I Poll released on March 4, 2024.

Jackson State, 9-3 overall, swept conference rival Alcorn State this past weekend scoring 21 runs while allowing Alcorn just 11 runs during the three-game series. JSU’s overall play on the diamond is winning ballgames.

North Carolina A&T, with an overall record of 9-2, swept its three-game non-conference series o with Eastern Illinois University. The Aggies scored 20 runs during the series and held its opponent to 10 runs. The pitching staff recorded 25 strike outs during the contests.

Both teams have scheduled mid-week games.

Jackson State hosts Rust College with a doubleheader on Tuesday, March 5th. JSU plays this weekend in Memphis with a scheduled contest on Friday, March 8th against Presbyterian College, March 9th against Butler University, and March 10th against the University of Memphis.

Defending champs PV swept Alcorn 12-0, 10-4, and 22-6

Robin Williams Dancing GIF by STARZ

Back