HBCU band and NBA player comparisons

atl hornet

Yall should be thanking me for keeping this board alive during the off-season. Its a thankless job, but someone has to do it!

Alabama State Mighty Marching Hornets
9f2f3a70-9703-11ea-b36a-bcf25eef5e79

Dwight Howard- Former POWERHOUSE and was top 5 in the league at one point, but injuries slowed him down, and he is slowly making his way back. The MMH was once among the best in the land, but after a few down years, they are on the come up!

Southern Human Jukebox
68c9254780500f0e45f776edac8f1e6c.jpg

Washington Wizards Michael Jordan- Was the most dominate during his heyday, but with the Wizards, he wasnt the same as he was in Chicago, but at any given game he could go off for 30 and relive the old days. SU was once the top dawg, but every once in a while they'll crank out a song that reminds you of the old Jukebox

Jackson State Sonic Boom of the South
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.saymedia-content.com%2F.image%2FMTcyMDYwOTQ3Mzc0OTQxNDQz%2Fusatsi_14169641_168389879_lowres.jpg

LeBron James- LeBron has been top 3 his whole career. People thought he fell off, but he's showing people he's still among the best and the most consistent player in the league. JSU has always been among the top in the SWAC and people thought they fell off, but out of nowhere, they came back are probably the best.

Talladega Marching Tornadoes
zion1.jpg

Zion Williams-The new kid on the block, all power. Talladega, like Zion exploded on the scene with their power game.

Feel free to add on!

Astounded at your unyielding campaign to sway public opinion that the MMH is a high level collegiate marching band unit, I decided to go back and watch some MMH band field shows from 2019 and 2018, to see if I could see what it is that you are seeing in the MMH. I must applaud your efforts and the tenacity you have shown in this regard. But I can't see in the MMH what it is you are seeing, I found your band, quite frankly, to be extremely boring and extremely simplistic. That's your band master's fault. He or she is playing it safe! There's no excitement! Too much emphasis is placed on five 400-pound girls rolling over on the ground and shaking their butts. You need more than that! Your musicians need to show forth some ingenuity, some musicianship, some extraordinary talent. And its just not there! I encourage everyone to take a look at the MMH over the past couple of years. They simply are not as good as SU, JSU, AAMU, FAMU, GSU, PV, AlSU. Sorry, Atl Hornet, they need some more work, and nothing is going to change until a new band director is chosen.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Astounded at your unyielding campaign to sway public opinion that the MMH is a high level collegiate marching band unit, I decided to go back and watch some MMH band field shows from 2019 and 2018, to see if I could see what it is that you are seeing in the MMH. I must applaud your efforts and the tenacity you have shown in this regard. But I can't see in the MMH what it is you are seeing, I found your band, quite frankly, to be extremely boring and extremely simplistic. That's your band master's fault. He or she is playing it safe! There's no excitement! Too much emphasis is placed on five 400-pound girls rolling over on the ground and shaking their butts. You need more than that! Your musicians need to show forth some ingenuity, some musicianship, some extraordinary talent. And its just not there! I encourage everyone to take a look at the MMH over the past couple of years. They simply are not as good as SU, JSU, AAMU, FAMU, GSU, PV, AlSU. Sorry, Atl Hornet, they need some more work, and nothing is going to change until a new band director is chosen.

you have lost your dag gone mind

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMnyHs2hb2s

this was 2017 and the popular opinion is that its one of the best SWAC performances of the past few years

Back