Have you started working on your yard?

You should only use your sprinklers early in the day or late afternoon, relardless of water restrictions. Actually watering at night would be even better (get a timer and it will shut off and on without you worrying). When you water during the peak daylight hours you are only wasting water because nearly 90% of it is lost to evaporation.

You should only use your sprinklers early in the day or late afternoon, relardless of water restrictions. Actually watering at night would be even better (get a timer and it will shut off and on without you worrying). When you water during the peak daylight hours you are only wasting water because nearly 90% of it is lost to evaporation.

Definitely!

How about duration though? How much is too much?

I have my water sprinklers set to come on around 5a.m. at least 4 days a week. Well unless it's raining.

I have not had to use a sprinker but one time this year. We have been getting some good rain storms lately.

OK, how has your yard been so far?

I'll post more pics.....

What ya'll skurd.........

Here are pics of the best yard on TSPN.

The first two are before pics when the grass was high and the second two are after it was cut to perfection.

Before being cut

2787966225_fa3f877629.jpg

2788820582_27a5c23dd7.jpg

After being cut

2787966677_e93697d3ec.jpg

2787966963_e3eb153aa8.jpg

I wish I had a yard to post right now T46. We are still in a rental while trying to sell the VA house. I am trying to be patient and not carry two mortgages, but my patience is wearing thin. I have a yard man that cuts the VA house once a week, so I have no idea what it looks like back in VA. I can't resume my membership in the TSPN yard boys until next spring....

Your yard looks great Fiyah...But I will return with a vengence, and I will take the thrown! LOL!

Where is Sperm?

OK, how has your yard been so far?

I'll post more pics.....

Man, my yard is jacked up! No rain and I have a few dry spots in the yard. I run the sprinkler at least three days a week. Mainly early morning. I also had a tree that fell in my yard so that killed some of my grass. I just planted some grass seeds and fertilizer and covered it with hay on this past Saturday. I can still post pictures. I know I will not have the best yard.:smh:

I'm finally joining the yard club... :tup:

Since this home is new construction, my sod was has finally taken root to the ground. Besides watering, what are some things I can do to build up the turf and make it healthy? Fertilizer this late in the year?

Yes Braveman, you can fertilize. You should do at least one more good summer fertilizer (I would do 2), and then when you hit your next 6 week cycle, start working some Scott's winter turfbuilder. And then, after Christmas, start planning for the spring and think about weed control. I used to start weed and feed in March.

Back