Have you started working on your yard?

Suge

The Phat Mack
It is that time again, I hope that all of you that were having weed problems etc. have started, are about to get started on your grass. I will be hard at it this weekend as I cut the yard for the first time and start with my grass feeding program. I will be weeding, putting out new fertilizer, and hopefully my bulbs and dormant grasses will start to grow in the next few weeks.

If you want a nice yard this summer, it is time to go to work, especially with all of the rain that we get in the spring. Don't wait until June, it will be too late.

It is that time again, I hope that all of you that were having weed problems etc. have started, are about to get started on your grass. I will be hard at it this weekend as I cut the yard for the first time and start with my grass feeding program. I will be weeding, putting out new fertilizer, and hopefully my bulbs and dormant grasses will start to grow in the next few weeks.

If you want a nice yard this summer, it is time to go to work, especially with all of the rain that we get in the spring. Don't wait until June, it will be too late.

Can you tell me about more about this grass feeding program? What is evolved? I want to get more out of my yard this year.

No, but I got the flyer from TruGreen last Saturday. Why am I still seeing the little sticks that tell you what types of bulbs/flowers are planted in my yard 2 yrs later. EVERY time I go out there, I find one.... and why won't the bulbs and flowers stop growing????

Can you tell me about more about this grass feeding program? What is evolved? I want to get more out of my yard this year.

My grass feeding is simply fertilizer and weed control, and using the decaying rye grass that I planted this winter to help get a nice thick lawn in the spring. Right now my yard is a tad bit brown and green as the rye starts to die, and the dormant grass that I put out before the last freeze starts to sprout. I will now start to fertilize my grass every six weeks or so until about August. I usually start with a good triple 13 fert and then use some of the area specific mixes as the summer goes on. The triple 13 is stromg and needs alot of water, so I try to get it out while the April showers are strong.

Yeah man I know. :smh:

I was sitting on my front step's yesterday evening looking at that mess.
Just could not put my Red Stripe down to get started.

Guess I'll start this weekend getting all them dead leaves up first.
Put down some seed, feed, and weed killer while these lite evening shower's are comming on the regular.
Plus side for me is my neighbor and I got 2 pine tree's, (actually 4 tree's because they split off into 2 trees about 6 feet up), cut down at the end of last year that was on our property line.

Thank gawd I don't have to fight year round pine straw on my backyard fenceline anymore. :)

My grass feeding is simply fertilizer and weed control, and using the decaying rye grass that I planted this winter to help get a nice thick lawn in the spring. Right now my yard is a tad bit brown and green as the rye starts to die, and the dormant grass that I put out before the last freeze starts to sprout. I will now start to fertilize my grass every six weeks or so until about August. I usually start with a good triple 13 fert and then use some of the area specific mixes as the summer goes on. The triple 13 is stromg and needs alot of water, so I try to get it out while the April showers are strong.

Thanks, last year I was mowing and watering but it looked like nothing was getting me the result I wanted. A dude across the street mentioned fertilizer, but I though he did not know what the hell he was talking about. My grass looked better than his. My great grandmother use to say ?even a fool can tell you something.?

An application of PRE and POST emergent has been applied to my grass. I will be applying a round of fertilizer every 5 weeks from now til the end of the year. In April, I will have my yard DETHATCHED (wholes plugs throughout the yard).

I should have 8 applications of fertilizers starting with a 3-1-2 fertilizer (28-3-13) or something like that. I have pictures from last year of my yard and I will be loading those pics, pics of my yard as it is now, and pics around the first week of May.

You know I had 1 of the best lawns around TSPN and I have already started on it. I've had 2 applications done and cut it 2 weeks ago. I will cut it again this week and let it get use to being trimed every other week until mid spring when I will switch it to being done every week.

2 weeks ago? Nice Houston weather...

And how you figure you had the best yard on TSPN? I had the best yard! LOL!

000_0193.jpg

Look at this grass.........

You know this looked good, I think only Sperm's yard was close to this good......

1347174481_f8cdf3fd23.jpg

Front Yard

1348063184_6d453ee523.jpg

1348062784_b3964e2278.jpg

Side Yard

1347173869_69f529bea1.jpg

Back Yard

An application of PRE and POST emergent has been applied to my grass. I will be applying a round of fertilizer every 5 weeks from now til the end of the year. In April, I will have my yard DETHATCHED (wholes plugs throughout the yard).

I should have 8 applications of fertilizers starting with a 3-1-2 fertilizer (28-3-13) or something like that. I have pictures from last year of my yard and I will be loading those pics, pics of my yard as it is now, and pics around the first week of May.

Can I get the names of the fertilizer and weed control yall using? You too Fiyah.

Man, my yard look shot. I applied my weed killer too late and now I have these things with purple flowers popping up all over.

The look something like these.

loraxfrontcover.jpg

I'm mowing this weekend and putting down the preemergent. My back will get straight MSMA and then some fertilzer to get it back right. I'll be on it soon.

I was in the top ten last season.LOL

Fortitude was sited for the most inhumane treatment to a yard by Frank Melton. Kenneth Stokes(City Counselman) also refused to put one of his legendary home made Holiday signs in her yard.:smh::smh::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

I'm going to have to post my yard this year. I just didn't want to hurt yall's feeling last year. I'll let yall get started then I'll start late and show you how to do it. :lol:

Can I get the names of the fertilizer and weed control yall using? You too Fiyah.

Not unless you are in North Texas, what I use wouldn't do you much good. I recommend either one of the two things 1) Go to your local nursery and see if they have a fertilizer blend that caters to your area and have them to recommend a weed and fertilizer schedule or 2) Call your local KemLawn and pay them to do it.

I use a local blend of fertilizer, of which I do not know the name. I user a slow release that takes about 8 weeks to see the results, but I have to wait until the last FREEZE in my area before my first application. I think TODAY is a good day, although a cold front is coming thru this weekend. So by mid-May, I will be in FULL AFFECT. Although the spread releases in 8 weeks, I will spread every 5 weeks.

You know this looked good, I think only Sperm's yard was close to this good......

1347174481_f8cdf3fd23.jpg

Front Yard

1348063184_6d453ee523.jpg

1348062784_b3964e2278.jpg

Side Yard

1347173869_69f529bea1.jpg

Back Yard

You and someone had a nice yard with a bunch of trees in the back (I think it was also the Houston area).

Nice grass Fiyah, I had to wait until I got home to see your pics, and to fix mine.

Thats the way it was at the end of last season. It's gonna be just like that or better this year. My son and I have 2 other properties we are doing, I wish I would have took a before shot this morning to show how we gonna get those yards looking like ours at home. They have all kinds of weeds growing in it, I treated it with some Bonus S and we cut it good. Just wait till later in the year to show what kind of green thumb for yard work.

Back