Have you checked your 401k today?

I had a coworker lose $27k in hers. I have lost some, but not nearly as much as some of the people I know. I just try not to think about it.

fixed rate plans have performed better over the last 10 years than,
the stock market. You never lose money, and you always earn.

Now the speech goes "over the long haul" the stock market will pay you
more than a fixed rate.

Oh really?? It hasn't in 10 years. It only matters what your stocks are worth on the day you decide to sell, and that can be pennies or alot regardles of what happens in between time.

With this so called "crisis" fixed rate accounts have loss nothing, only steady gained.

I got SMASHED! I DGAF cause it is an opportunity to BUY MORE! Its only a LOSS or a GAIN when you SELL. So being down $25K from a couple months ago means S H A T when you don't plan to sell for another 25 years.

IMO
the stock market should only be played with extra money,
I wouldn't base my entire retirement on the stock market.

Believe me she aint hurtin'....if it were me...yall would have had a thread devoted to my memory......:smh:

Not even going to look at it. Not much I can do about it anyway. So I am just going to wait and hopefully by the time I retire I will have what I need to live.

I'm with you sperm. I am buying like crazy. My broker knows that I am in a buying mode, and my plan is to buy blue chips as they become more and more affordable. And I know both my 401's are down, but they are long term investments, so no worries there.........

meeting with my financial adviser on monday after work!!! I AINT MISSING WITH IT AT ALL!!! JUST ROLLING IT OVER!!!

I am about to max out on my 401K plan to buy as many shares as possible. I drew back from the max over a year ago when I thought it was overvalued. Five years from now I will have a phat lick potentially.

I'm with you sperm. I am buying like crazy. My broker knows that I am in a buying mode, and my plan is to buy blue chips as they become more and more affordable. And I know both my 401's are down, but they are long term investments, so no worries there.........

Pretty much.

Walgreen, McDonalds, Disney, JJ, T, are going to bounce back and Im going to ride the wave as soon as they do.

Feds just cut the overnight rate from 1% to 0.25%. This is the rate that adjustable rate mortages, credit cards, etc., type of loans are based on. The Feds said they are willing to have a NEGATIVE rate it that is what it takes to get the CREDIT buying power back in order.

With that being said, the government is being very OPEN to OPEC in its stance on finding alternative energy options so that America isn't dependent on OIL. Americans drove over 7 BILLION less miles last year.

I look for anything to do with alternative energy options to be a good buy. Anything to do with GOING GREEN, saving energy, etc. Investors are flocking to the PAPER that the government bought to keep AIG and Leahman from going under. Real estate is going to be hot!

Everything that caused a problem here lately will also be the hot ticket in the future. Just STACK your cheese and wait on a good time to buy.

Back