Has the tragedy changed your life any?

Miami Jag

Mr. Brown Eyes
I can't lie....it has mine. Its funny on how I was taking the little thing for granted, but now I see them as a big deal. Every night I look at my children and thank God for them even more. I often wonder what kind of world will they grow up in and how can I prepare them.

I would have never thought I would see the day when the National Guard would be patrolling our Nation's Airports like other countries. The other day I received two letters that were partially opened and I literally freaked. :eek: I starting putting on some gloves and looking for a white powder. I sometime wonder if the terrorist have succeeded in messin with our minds. Damn Osama!

You're right MJ

It's sad but true.:(

The tragic incidents have changed my life as well. I'm more aware of my surroundings thatn ever before. They've forced me to view things more clearly now and not take so much for granted anymore. My son has always meant the world to me, but now he means even more. Tomorrow or the next five minutes are not even promised to us...so now, I cherish every moment of my life. I focus on today and not just on the future anymore. I also choose not to fly anymore, unless I just have to. It may seem dumb to some, but it suits me just fine.

The terrorists have succeeded in terrifying us to a point that our lives will never be the same. The may not have killed us all, but they've definitely put the fear of God in us.

:( :kaioken: :(

Re: You're right MJ

I also choose not to fly anymore, unless I just have to. It may seem dumb to some, but it suits me just fine.

Ditto!! D-Town

It's Amtrak for me, or until I can get up the nerves to fly again!

I eat at home more and drink bottled water, but trying not to let terrorists dominate my life. Have to go to DC next week, and will be flying into Baltimore. For the most part though, I pray and get on with my life.

It has definitely affected my life. At the time, I was out of the state and a 4 day trip turned into a 10 day trip, we got stranded. I saw what was happening but it just didn't seem real. Now I am not wary about flying, because I flew 6 days after the tragedy, but what bothers me the most is how no regard was given for human life. It is quite scary to think that there are people still out there in our communities that think the same way. I am more aware of life in general, I take my time now to look at things instead of just taking them in from the "outside".
I got you sold on the BLUE and GOLD

My life and lifestyle have not changed drastically. However, I have been given a new outlook on life. It seems I am more aware of my surroundings than before. I also look at my family in a heightened since of fellowship and love.

It has made me consider our future. It has made me focus more on God's power than anything else in the world. At least I think it has. I love my family, and I pray for blessings over our future, but I am truly grateful for every moment we have together.

Good Topic!

I talked with my parents about this over the weekend. I told them that within the past two weeks, I've been having alot of nightmares about airplanes crashing into buildings. Very realistic dreams and very scary.

I've never had a fear of flying. Actually, I'm more obssessed with airplanes than anything and that hasn't changed since the attacks. I'll hop on a plane in a minute.

I am more conscious of my surroundings. I also noticed that I did let my mail just sit on the counter for two days before I opened it. I don't know if it had anything to do with the threat of Anthrax or the fact it said <b>Discover Card</b> on the outside of the envelope. :D

never gonna change

I was paranoid before the tragedy, so nothing has basically changed. I don't leave home unless I have something that has to be done... I am even more suspicous of people who meet the description of the terrorists... Sometimes when I wake up I almost forget about it, until I turn on the t.v. , maybe If I could have seen the buildings in person,... (never been to that part of NY) it would made a different impression in my mind. I am suspicious of people who are trying to make money off these events. People have been buying gas masks, water purifyers, flashlights and freeze dried food in preparation for some kind of domestic war.. I also read that gun sales have tripled... hmm the neighbors are getting kinda edgy now... Finally a change I have noticed in other people: patience for ignorance is shorter than usual, evidenced by the mob who took down that deranged man on that plane heading to Chicago a week or two ago....

Back