Harry Potter fans & parents of HP fans

kg0586 said:
Not trying to start a disruption, but isnt Harry Potter about withcraft and sorcery? And if so, how many of you reading this and letting your kids read it area Christians? The Bible says that witchcraft is an abomination. So just ponder that.

Are you a Christian? If so, then the bible also talks about you judging the actions of others. But I am sure that as with most people you pick and chose which scriptures you want to apply to your life and to the morals of others.

I guess you have never seen the wizard of Oz, Aladdin, the Wiz, saw any magic show ever, and bascially don't watch any TV or movies because if you look there is always something that a good christian like you should stay away from. Matter of fact, why are you on this thread, isn't writing and reading the post about HP supporting witchcraft?

I digress.......

Suge said:
Are you a Christian? If so, then the bible also talks about you judging the actions of others. But I am sure that as with most people you pick and chose which scriptures you want to apply to your life and to the morals of others.

I guess you have never seen the wizard of Oz, Aladdin, the Wiz, saw any magic show ever, and bascially don't watch any TV or movies because if you look there is always something that a good christian like you should stay away from. Matter of fact, why are you on this thread, isn't writing and reading the post about HP supporting witchcraft?

I digress.......

First, I wasn't judging, I was just asking. And it didn't hurt that I had some substance to back up my argument. And aren't u doing to me what u said I was doing earlier? :rolleyes:

I sure am, mostly to prove my point, plus I am not trying to take the moral high ground here either.

jaydog said:
I've had this argument with a friend of mine before. She said her preacher said Harry Potter was evil. I asked her how. She said the movie was about witchcraft and sorcery. I asked her about this......

The Bible says "thou shalt not kill". How many shootings, stabbings, poisonings and other manner of killing do you see in movies.

The Bible is against sex outside of marriage. How many sex scenes do you see on daytime TV, in movies, in videos, etc.

I can go on & on. It's entertainment, not real life. I've, like many of us, have read Hansel & Gretal, The Wizard of Oz, watched Bewitched, watched a thousand Voodoo movies, a thousand Dracula movies, and have never tried to be a witch, practice Voodoo, or drink blood. It's a movie. Nothing more. It is no more evil or bad than a Freddy Kreuger movie.

I feel the same way and you expressed it exactly as I feel, BUT you left out one more thing that folk throw out and that's the issue of Halloween, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny.

I grew up trick-or-treating, waiting for the FatMan and all the reindeer and getting a big basket full of chocolates from Peter Rabbit and I am dipped in the Holy Spirit and blessed by the Lord. I neither worship the devil, believe a fat white man buys gifts for everyone all of the world and delivers them at once or think that Easter is a pagan, spring ritual rather than the celebration of the Risen Saviour.

I let my son participate in all of this, having myself as a fine example of a productive, vibrant, healthy, and sane GOD FEARING adult.

SHEESH! Some people trip, when Jesus's blood is new to them.

Why am I just not looking at the first movie.

Its pretty enjoyable.

I like the Malfoy kid.

Back