HAPPY CENTENNIAL FOUNDERS' DAY

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
again, Happy Centennial Founders' Day Ladies!!!

i went to a Hawks game last nite with some friends, and one was an AKA, and boy was dat thang crunk wit it! :lol: i told her she betta be! what an accomplishment. :jump: i've text'd, emailed, and messaged so many family members(sis in law, cousins, aunts) and friends till i'm tired. :emlaugh:

I just returned from spending the day at Howard University. I can't begin to describe the emotions that roil through my being. At least 1,500 sorors attended the blessing of the Pilgrimage at Rankin Chapel and Burr Gymnasium.

A poignant point during the early service was when the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta at the HU campus presented us with a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses, as a sign of frienship and unity. Black women just plain do the dayumed thang!

Then we all walked SILENTLY around the campus, arm in arm, joined by hundreds of other sorors who were on campus. Elderly sorors could barely make it, but they were determined to march the length of that campus. One said, "Don't worry. Let me catch my breathe. I will finish this walk." Students and workers stopped what they were doing to watch us walk by.

We wore green scarves with pink lettering and dark coats, in tribute to the founders and to all the Ivies Beyond the Wall. I thought about my cousin who passed in 2006 at age 52 and my best friend who died last year at age 48, and my mentors and I thought about Soror Seeing Spots soror/mom. I shed a few tears. Couldn't help it, and ain't ashamed to say.

When I get pictures I will post. it was an impressive site from my vantage point. I've never seen anything like it.

The Supreme Basileus did interviews Friday on Tom Joyner and Russ Parr shows; yesterday she was on a local CBS television news program. Today she appeared on the Steve Harvey show and on a local D.C. radio station. We are everywhere, and sorors across the globe are holding their heads and hearts high.

Yes, we are supreme in service to ALL mankind, and we will continue to make our mark in this world, forever and ever.

I bet that was something else.

I just returned from spending the day at Howard University. I can't begin to describe the emotions that roil through my being. At least 1,500 sorors attended the blessing of the Pilgrimage at Rankin Chapel and Burr Gymnasium.

A poignant point during the early service was when the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta at the HU campus presented us with a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses, as a sign of frienship and unity. Black women just plain do the dayumed thang!

Then we all walked SILENTLY around the campus, arm in arm, joined by hundreds of other sorors who were on campus. Elderly sorors could barely make it, but they were determined to march the length of that campus. One said, "Don't worry. Let me catch my breathe. I will finish this walk." Students and workers stopped what they were doing to watch us walk by.

We wore green scarves with pink lettering and dark coats, in tribute to the founders and to all the Ivies Beyond the Wall. I thought about my cousin who passed in 2006 at age 52 and my best friend who died last year at age 48, and my mentors and I thought about Soror Seeing Spots soror/mom. I shed a few tears. Couldn't help it, and ain't ashamed to say.

When I get pictures I will post. it was an impressive site from my vantage point. I've never seen anything like it.

The Supreme Basileus did interviews Friday on Tom Joyner and Russ Parr shows; yesterday she was on a local CBS television news program. Today she appeared on the Steve Harvey show and on a local D.C. radio station. We are everywhere, and sorors across the globe are holding their heads and hearts high.

Yes, we are supreme in service to ALL mankind, and we will continue to make our mark in this world, forever and ever.

In the end, it's all love. :nod:

I'd have loved to see that. :tup: Hurry up with those pictures!

Got 100??

Phi-Skee-WE DO!!!

Happy Founders Day to all AKA's...
Especially to the one who gave birth to me (Spr 65 Beta Psi) I miss you.
and to my big sis(Fall 89 Beta Upsilon...Dillard U)
and a host of other cousins who are AKA's as well...

1908-2008...10 decades of excellence.

May God bless your Mom, Jax. Who is your sister? I hang out with a soror here in Houston who pledged Fall 89 Beta Upsilon ..Dillard. Her name is Twila Dotson.

Get chills thinking about the whole Howard setting. I saw a few pics and the scarves were beautiful. Saw pics where our Diamond Soror from Houston, Soror Hazel Young, was in attendance as well. Can't wait to get there in July for Boule.

My sister crossed on that same Beta Upsilon line. Small world. VERY small world.

Very small world. You have a sister that pledged the same line also with Twila. Who is your sister?

In the end, it's all love. :nod:

:tup: I have some of the best friends who are Deltas and we always bring each other gifts back from each other's conferences.

Get chills thinking about the whole Howard setting. I saw a few pics and the scarves were beautiful. Saw pics where our Diamond Soror from Houston, Soror Hazel Young, was in attendance as well. Can't wait to get there in July for Boule.

Soror Hazel was the queen of the gathering. She got regal treatment everywhere she went, and was a real chatterbox. I never met a 102-year-old who could talk so much. :xeye: :lmao:

Very small world. You have a sister that pledged the same line also with Twila. Who is your sister?

My sister lives near Houston. Her name is Madalyn Ball Farrell. Twila definitely knows her. :)

Back