[SIZE=+1]Sarah M. Nutter[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Marie Woolfolk Taylor[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Beulah E. Burke[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Margaret Flagg Holmes[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Lavinia Norman[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Joanna B. Shields[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Carrie E. Snowden[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]Harriet J. Terry[/SIZE]

Greater Laurels to Win, Greater Tasks to Begin...

100_Celebrate.jpg

CELEBRATING OUR PAST,
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY,
HONORING OUR SISTERHOOD
1908-2008

From the mind of one co-ed sprang an idea that blossomed and caught hold of Howard University's campus on January 15, 1908. Five score years later that co-ed, Soror Ethel Hedgeman Lyle, has more than200,000 daughters who are united in sisterhood and service under our beloved Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority Inc.

Today marks our 100th anniversary. I am thankful and honored to be part of this celebration.

God bless and always shine upon Alpha Kappa Alpha. :heart::heart::heart:

HAPPY 100TH FOUNDERS' DAY, SORORS! :heart::bday::heart:

".... hearts that are loyal, and hearts that are true ..."

:nod:

wow, its been 100 years.

They say that Black folks cant accomplish anytihg.......and Black Women no less. Proved them WRONG!!!!!

Congrats and Happy Founder's day to ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha!!!!!

Roo-Skee!!!!

Got 100??

Phi-Skee-WE DO!!!

Happy Founders Day to all AKA's...
Especially to the one who gave birth to me (Spr 65 Beta Psi) I miss you.
and to my big sis(Fall 89 Beta Upsilon...Dillard U)
and a host of other cousins who are AKA's as well...

1908-2008...10 decades of excellence.

Happy Centennial, Ladies! :tup:

I sent one of my BESTEST FRIENDS a congratulatory text message this morning, and this was her reply:

LOL! You knew to acknowledge the QUEEN!! SKKEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEE!!!

Because I love her, and we've been friends since 7th grade, and she's the only friend I've had for that long with whom I have NEVER fallen out, and 100 YEARS is something about which you should be beside yourself, I'ma let her make it with that one.

Tomorrow, though ... :lol:

Happy Centennial, Ladies! :tup:

I sent one of my BESTEST FRIENDS a congratulatory text message this morning, and this was her reply:

LOL! You knew to acknowledge the QUEEN!! SKKEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEE!!!

Because I love her, and we've been friends since 7th grade, and she's the only friend I've had for that long with whom I have NEVER fallen out, and 100 YEARS is something about which you should be beside yourself, I'ma let her make it with that one.

Tomorrow, though ... :lol:

:lmao:

I was told the same thing from my bestest friend just a few moments ago! :shame: on 1/16/08. :lol:

Happy Centennial Sorors!!! 100 years of service to all mankind!!

"there is one thing that stirs us to victory's height with a fellowship sincere and rare"

Happy Centennial Founders's Day AKA's!!!!!! 06-08 everything else was a little too late (just a lil chant we used to say together while in college).

Happy Founder's Day to the Lovely Ladies of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

100 years is a mighty long time! :tup::gift:

Happy Founders' Day to my Favorite Sorority. (hope my sister doesn't read this) :emlaugh:

I just returned from spending the day at Howard University. I can't begin to describe the emotions that roil through my being. At least 1,500 sorors attended the blessing of the Pilgrimage at Rankin Chapel and Burr Gymnasium.

A poignant point during the early service was when the ladies of Delta Sigma Theta at the HU campus presented us with a gorgeous bouquet of yellow roses, as a sign of frienship and unity. Black women just plain do the dayumed thang!

Then we all walked SILENTLY around the campus, arm in arm, joined by hundreds of other sorors who were on campus. Elderly sorors could barely make it, but they were determined to march the length of that campus. One said, "Don't worry. Let me catch my breathe. I will finish this walk." Students and workers stopped what they were doing to watch us walk by.

We wore green scarves with pink lettering and dark coats, in tribute to the founders and to all the Ivies Beyond the Wall. I thought about my cousin who passed in 2006 at age 52 and my best friend who died last year at age 48, and my mentors and I thought about Soror Seeing Spots soror/mom. I shed a few tears. Couldn't help it, and ain't ashamed to say.

When I get pictures I will post. it was an impressive site from my vantage point. I've never seen anything like it.

The Supreme Basileus did interviews Friday on Tom Joyner and Russ Parr shows; yesterday she was on a local CBS television news program. Today she appeared on the Steve Harvey show and on a local D.C. radio station. We are everywhere, and sorors across the globe are holding their heads and hearts high.

Yes, we are supreme in service to ALL mankind, and we will continue to make our mark in this world, forever and ever.

Got 100??

Phi-Skee-WE DO!!!

Happy Founders Day to all AKA's...
Especially to the one who gave birth to me (Spr 65 Beta Psi) I miss you.
and to my big sis(Fall 89 Beta Upsilon...Dillard U)
and a host of other cousins who are AKA's as well...

1908-2008...10 decades of excellence.

My sister crossed on that same Beta Upsilon line. Small world. VERY small world.

:)
Happy Founders Day to the Lovely Ladies of AKA....

special wishes to Mom(Gamma Rho) and Lil Sis(Gamma MU)

Gamma Rho is my chapter. When did your mom cross? Please give mom and sis my love and best wishes for this wonderful centennial. :)

Back