Half & Half

da_caramel_diva

I was watching a show yesterday and it made me think. First off this show touched on HIV/AIDS. To sum it up. There was a character who confess that she had HIV and the guy decided to continue to date her. I look at the show and Im like "YEAH RIGHT, that shat dont happen. That dude/girl would run if someone told them that."

So I guess my question to you is: Would you continue to date someone who you know has an disease? Do you think that it really makes a person not evolved or close minded to not want to continue dating?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
After listening to the Micheal Basdien show one day on his topics about aids, I realized anything is possible with people and dating. This one chick said she knew that this guy in her neighborhood was hiv positive, but he was so handsome to ther that she had to sleep with him. :smh: She also is now hiv positive.
da_caramel_diva said:
I was watching a show yesterday and it made me think. First off this show touched on HIV/AIDS. To sum it up. There was a character who confess that she had HIV and the guy decided to continue to date her. I look at the show and Im like "YEAH RIGHT, that shat dont happen. That dude/girl would run if someone told them that."

So I guess my question to you is: Would you continue to date someone who you know has an disease? Do you think that it really makes a person not evolved or close minded to not want to continue dating?

da_caramel_diva said:

I'm sorry I am not going to be able to do it AT ALLL!!!!! If you give me something YOUR MUTHERFUGGIN ARSE GOT TO GO AND YOUR GETTING FUGGED UP WHEN I FIND OUT!!!!!

CEE DOG said:
After listening to the Micheal Basdien show one day on his topics about aids, I realized anything is possible with people and dating. This one chick said she knew that this guy in her neighborhood was hiv positive, but he was so handsome to ther that she had to sleep with him. :smh: She also is now hiv positive.

WOW...I guess another question is: can sex really be safe with someone who is HIV positive? I know I heard the story of the wrestler who's wife was trying to have his baby. He is HIV positive. They do some kind of special fertilization so she cant contract it. As of a couple years ago they didnt have a kid and she test every month still HIV negative.

Yes I would continue to date them. I would just ask that we both attend the doctor's appointment, we would monitor their CD4 count and insure that their viral load stays undectable....finally...pray.

CEE DOG said:
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: SEE THAT IS JUST PLAIN OLE SILLY!!!!!!!!!!

da_caramel_diva said:
WOW...I guess another question is: can sex really be safe with someone who is HIV positive? I know I heard the story of the wrestler who's wife was trying to have his baby. He is HIV positive. They do some kind of special fertilization so she cant contract it. As of a couple years ago they didnt have a kid and she test every month still HIV negative.

FUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG NAWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

CEE DOG said:
This one chick said she knew that this guy in her neighborhood was hiv positive, but he was so handsome to ther that she had to sleep with him. :smh: She also is now hiv positive.

NOOOO, YOu dont say!?!??!?!

:rolleyes:

Diva,

You do know that girl on half and half was Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child. I read somewhere how she and Kelly are trying to test for spin-offs. Kelly is suppose to have a couple of episodes on Girlfriends. When talking about your topic of sex and aids, one person comes to mind....

magic-johnson.jpg

Magic has outlived some grandpa's

What do wedding vows consist of..and should people who have disease be exposed to life without love? What about people who contracted the disease via blood transfusions, should be excluded?

When we are born we begin to die...death is something we all have in common...it's the way we die that we try to control.

Carmeldiva...I started to post this same question this very week, but I didn't know how the outcome would be...

I saw a movie on Lifetime about 5 years ago on a woman who contracted AIDS and ended up liking a man, and in the end, found the guts to tell this man, who she really loved, that she contracted AIDS. He was hesitant at first, but he was willing to continue his life with her because he looked past that. That's a BIG step to take.

In my opinion, I guess I'd have to cross the bridge if I got there...

Well, People, As I stated previously I am a Social Worker w/ HIV/AIDS clients....What We must realize is that Having this disease is not a death sentence but the Ignorance of this disease is...... You can live a normal and healthy life with a diagnosis....People will continue to live and most likely outlive many people.......I cant say for sure whether I would date or have sex with a person with HIV/AIDS..However, the ones who do must educate themselves in modes of transmission, proper safer sex tactics, and other healthy choices that one would have to make in order to live as normal as possible........Remember people this disease is a Chronic Illness, not a Death Sentence. You must continue to live and enjoy live....................................However, EDUCATION IS KEY........
SOmeday I hope and pray that the Ignorance and Stigma of this disease will cease.....:redhot:

JagGrad said:
Well, People, As I stated previously I am a Social Worker w/ HIV/AIDS clients....What We must realize is that Having this disease is not a death sentence but the Ignorance of this disease is...... You can live a normal and healthy life with a diagnosis....People will continue to live and most likely outlive many people.......I cant say for sure whether I would date or have sex with a person with HIV/AIDS..However, the ones who do must educate themselves in modes of transmission, proper safer sex tactics, and other healthy choices that one would have to make in order to live as normal as possible........Remember people this disease is a Chronic Illness, not a Death Sentence. You must continue to live and enjoy live....................................However, EDUCATION IS KEY........
SOmeday I hope and pray that the Ignorance and Stigma of this disease will cease.....:redhot:

It starts now...as I said before...people with this disease are still people...they need and should be loved as such.

Well yall can have all the AIDS broads you want because there is no way in hell I am going to stay with some chic that I just met that has AIDS. And there is no way I am going to stay with a woman I have known for a while if I find out that she has AIDS, knew about it, and didn't tell me. That's like forgetting to inform me that you have a child, or that your X boyfriend killed your prior boyfriend, or anything else that can impact my life. And I don't care how you got it either, it still isn't my problem!

You can call me close minded all you want, because I don't know how staying withsome just because you don't want to appear to be close mided is proving anything. I don't want a chic with AIDS, Herpes, Warts, Kids, Bad Credit, alot of debt or a list of many other things. She may deserve to be loved, but she won't be getting loved by the phat mack.

Umm Sweets, stop frontin man. You have dumped a chic for having ugly feet, yet you will stay for AIDS? Kneegrow Please!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
THAMES said:
Diva,

You do know that girl on half and half was Michelle Williams of Destiny's Child. I read somewhere how she and Kelly are trying to test for spin-offs. Kelly is suppose to have a couple of episodes on Girlfriends. When talking about your topic of sex and aids, one person comes to mind....

magic-johnson.jpg

Magic has outlived some grandpa's

Yeah I knew that.

da_caramel_diva said:

:confused:
You raise an interesting question and one that should definitely be explored.
Just consider how many of US, and I use "US" as a general term, have unprotected sex WITHOUT asking about our sexual partners HIV status.

Would you willing have sex with someone that you KNOW is HIV positive? Considering that many people DO NOT even ask, is there any difference than diving in, strapped or not, WITHOUT asking?
Isn't it really the same thing?

I saw that particular episode of "Half&Half" and I've also seen the topic addressed in the same fashion on "The Parkers" and a few other shows.
Honestly, I am not sure HOW I would respond or if I would be willing to remain in the relationship or not. I really DON'T know. I hope
that I never have to find out but it is a question I really cannot answer hypothetically.

Great question & topic, Diva!!! :kiss:

Back