GSU's New Director of Bands

True....it's just frustrating to me to see how people hate a hire so much that they want the president terminated or even willing to say there is fiscal fraud going on. Not realizing that these comments hurt the university across the board.
They want the president fired because of a BAND director? Now THAT'S crazy.
Never heard that before. Perhaps it's because she's a woman.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Looks like they took a page out of Valley's book with the 1st Female Director of Bands.

She been on staff. ECSU had Ms Brock. Clark ATL has her too now. She was the first .

President fired over a band director??? Hell every president over the past 25 years should have been fired then... Grambling has been down for years.

Lmao

All these grambling folks in here complaining need to be mad at themselves for letting the program get to where it is. They been slaw for the past 20 years!

The nerve, them fat girls yall have get more attention than the band. Yall are slaw and have never been elite.

When has GSU EVER been better than us? Y’all living off the 60s.

Hell yall alumni made a website called firepanell.com lmao

We have never done anything like that at Bama State.

Y’all been on the bottom of the band world for so long it’s amazing y’all still have a program

Y’all been on the bottom of the band world for so long it’s amazing y’all still have a program

Bama State sucks go listen to the clips. Yall don't get applause until the fat girls come out. Hope you don't think yall are on the top in the band world, seriously don't hope so. Worry about your band director getting beat up on campus anyway while he messing with someone wife.

Bama State sucks go listen to the clips. Yall don't get applause until the fat girls come out. Hope you don't think yall are on the top in the band world, seriously don't hope so. Worry about your band director getting beat up on campus anyway while he messing with someone wife.

o_O

"Dr. Pannell and his staff are killing The Grambling State University Tiger Marching Band. The numbers of the band aren't where they should be, the quality is below average and the band needs a drastic overall in leadership in order to reclaim it's place as one of the top bands of America. The band seems to decline every year and it's sad. GSU band is an American Treasure that needs to be restored before it is extinct. We have to stop accepting mediocrity and get people on the staff that can bring Grambling Band back better than ever. Stand up for right before the band dies."

Imagine being so trash folks from your own program write articles and publicly criticize the program

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
"Dr. Pannell and his staff are killing The Grambling State University Tiger Marching Band. The numbers of the band aren't where they should be, the quality is below average and the band needs a drastic overall in leadership in order to reclaim it's place as one of the top bands of America. The band seems to decline every year and it's sad. GSU band is an American Treasure that needs to be restored before it is extinct. We have to stop accepting mediocrity and get people on the staff that can bring Grambling Band back better than ever. Stand up for right before the band dies."

Imagine being so trash folks from your own program write articles and publicly criticize the program

Pannell is gone, just like your band. One thing about it, Grambling still is more famous and requested than the Bama State Marching Band Featuring The Honey Bees. You were never America's Treasure so go worry about your band director getting beat up, drum majors making gay sex tapes and drum majors going to the Magic City Classic having a wardrobe malfunction. Don't worry about Grambling, worry about dusty azz Bama State. Talking about irrelevant but you are on a post about Grambling, Bama Logic.

Sorry just from the Rose Bowl clips---,ASU either you guys did not practice or your band director did not care about what y'all looked like on the national stage.

Dude...Alabama State's band has NEVER EVER been relevant....EVER. Please have some respect when talking about The World Famed...and get your travel miles up. Where have yall ever been? Who even knows about your band other than the people in your state. Like it was previously stated..those fat girls are more known than your sub par lackluster "band"

I dont think I really started following HBCU bands until around the mid 90's and since then I dont ever think i've seen a Grambling band that I thought actually sounded good. At the same time, Bama State has sounded pretty terrible under Oliver as well and they won't fire him for some reason. They need to take a page out of AAMU's book. I dont know where they got dude from but he came in and had them sounding good asap...not that they were terrible before.

Dude...Alabama State's band has NEVER EVER been relevant....EVER. Please have some respect when talking about The World Famed...and get your travel miles up. Where have yall ever been? Who even knows about your band other than the people in your state. Like it was previously stated..those fat girls are more known than your sub par lackluster "band"

so we werent beasting in 90s and from bout 2004-2012?!

stop hating. GSU just now started to sound good. And yall cant say nothing about travel miles. Yall broke asses never came to Montgomery when I was in the band, so we never returned the trip to country ass Grambling. Yall should be glad we never went or we would have stolen some of them northern Louisiana kids

Back