GSU Leads the SWAC in Attendance

This is so simple minded, right after the classic in Dallas, you post these numbers. Later on in the season, let's revisit this. After a few more games up there in Grambling and other big games are played around the SWAC.

bluedog said:
So what does that have to do with you saying that Gram was leading in attendance?

Dan Klye.......send help!

He's busy checking grades in St. Landry Parish. :hat:

Fiyah said:
First off, PV was the home team this past weekend and so far our lowest attended game was with the Jag Nation.

Grambling St. at Prairie View A&M................61,642 (State Fair Classic)
Tx. Southern at Prairie View A&M......................30,349 (Labor Day Classic)
Southern at Prairie View A&M.......................................20,830

That gives us a 3 game average of 37607.

Technically speaking you can only designate one off campus venue for a home site according to the NCAA. If you played both off campus games in Reliant or in Dallas then they would count if you designate that venue with the NCAA prior to the start of the season.

MACHIAVELLI said:
Technically speaking you can only designate one off campus venue for a home site according to the NCAA.
As I understood that rule that off campus venue had to be in your home state. Beside this wasn't Grams home game, so whats the point?

bluedog said:
As I understood that rule that off campus venue had to be in your home state. Beside this wasn't Grams home game, so whats the point?

Please show me where I stated it was Grambling's home game this year. Please read first. The fact that Houston and Dallas are both in Texas still means that only one off campus venue can be designated to count towards attendance with the NCAA.

MACHIAVELLI said:
Please show me where I stated it was Grambling's home game this year. Please read first. The fact that Houston and Dallas are both in Texas still means that only one off campus venue can be designated to count towards attendance with the NCAA.
Ok got it, but I don't know that to be a fact either because LSU is designated as an off campus venue for us and so is the Superdome when we play JSU unles that has changed.

The next few weeks

Oct. 09
Alabama A&M * Southern Huntsville, AL 3:00p Homecoming
Alabama State <h> * Jackson State Mobile, AL 3:00p Gulf Coast Classic
Miss. Valley State * Grambling State Itta Bena, MS 6:00p
Prairie View A&M Alcorn State Prairie View, TX 7:00p
Texas Southern * Ark.-Pine Bluff Houston, TX 7:00p

Oct. 16
Alabama A&M Sav. State <h> Columbus, GA 1:00p CSRA Classic
Alcorn State * Texas Southern Alcorn State, MS 2:00p Homecoming
Grambling State * Ark. Pine Bluff Grambling, LA 7:00p
Miss. Valley State Paul Quinn Itta Bena, MS 6:00p
Prairie View A&M Alabama State Prairie View, TX 6:00p
Southern <h> * Jackson State New Orleans, LA 1:00p Big Easy Classic

Oct. 23
Alabama A&M OPEN
Alabama State OPEN
Alcorn State * Southern Alcorn State, MS 2:00p
Ark. Pine Bluff OPEN
Grambling State * Jackson State Grambling, LA 1:30p
Prairie View A&M Lincoln Prairie View, TX 2:00p Homecoming
Texas Southern * Miss. Valley State Houston, TX 4:00p Homecoming

Oct. 30
Alabama A&M <h> *Alabama State Bham, AL 3:00p Magic City Classic
Alcorn State S.E. Louisiana Hammond, LA 6:00p
Ark. Pine Bluff * Jackson State Pine Bluff, AR 2:30p Homecoming
Miss. Valley State Prairie View A&M Itta Bena, MS 2:00p Homecoming
Southern Texas College Baton Rouge, LA 6:30p Homecoming
Texas Southern * Grambling State Houston, TX 7:00p Tiger Paw Classic

bluedog said:
Ok got it, but I don't know that to be a fact either because LSU is designated as an off campus venue for us and so is the Superdome when we play JSU unles that has changed.

Riiiight. LSU Stadium is probably a designated emergency stadium in the event that Mumford can not be played in at all.

Some people base too much stock on Classics. Thats the reason Texas Southern had the 3rd or 4th best SWAC attendence last year, we all know that Texas Southern don't have fans.

THE NUMBERS DON'T LIE FOLKS!!!!!!!!!GRAMFANS LET'S KEEP THIS GOING THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!WAY TO GO GRAM.61K+ WAS IN THE COTTON BOWL WHEN THE GAME STARTED THAT IS ALL THAT MATTERED.PAID ATTENDANCE.THEY EVEN ADDED NEW SECTIONS ALSO IN THE COTTON BOWL!!!!!!!!!!

tierre said:
Some people base too much stock on Classics. Thats the reason Texas Southern had the 3rd or 4th best SWAC attendence last year, we all know that Texas Southern don't have fans.

Is that why TxSU moved the Grambling game to Reliant and named it the Tiger Paw Classic or did Houston have a game that week?

Is TxSU still calling the su or grambling game the "tiger paw classic"? For some reason I havent heard that in a few years. I remember going to the su/tsu game in 94 and I think it was called the "tiger paw classic". But it also doubled as tsu's homecoming. :(

Those numbers are good and dandy but how is it helping Gram. Unless Gram controls the gates at all those classics they play in(which they don't) they are just being pimped. They have no choice but to go no the road because they don't have a home fan base. Gram needs to stop making money for promoters and make it for themselves. This is the very reason Southern is staying away from playing in classics.We can make more money by playing at home.

they only had 30K in Cincinatti and they have nothing to do up there.blame BCC on the low numbers....

PV sold out its student allotment..fans filled up the new sections, etc.....we hit 61K..case closed...take the Bayou Classic away (and we never know how many are really in there)..State Fair Classic is easily one of the top 3 classics...

and that's with high schools PLAYING!! due to rain delays!

Grambling is not as a big draw as I thought they were. The State Fair Classic attendence was great. But what about games that don't involve Prairie View, Jackson St., or Alcorn (Bayou Classic not included)?

the band fan said:
State Fair Classic is easily one of the top 3 classics...

and that's with high schools PLAYING!! due to rain delays!
Not by attendance, nor by rivalry. The SFC is good for Grambling and PV, but it is not in the top 3 in BCF. Maybe top 5.

tierre said:
Grambling is not as a big draw as I thought they were. The State Fair Classic attendence was great. But what about games that don't involve Prairie View, Jackson St., or Alcorn (Bayou Classic not included)?

Look at everyones attendance that way and get back to me.

Back