Greatness's Defense

MikeBigg

OK, I'm just anxious to see how silly you clowns really are. I'm anxious to see if your school spirit has gotten the better of you. I want to know if your "hate" is so great that you refuse to acknowledge our Defensive GREATNESS!

First of all, our Defense has a great advantage over most. They are so well rested when they take the field because our offense goes on long sustained scoring drives. Then when the defense takes the field, it's usually three and out for the other team and more rest on the sidelines. When the defense goes back, we're usually two scores ahead.

Now the other team goes into panic mode (they've realized that running the ball is hopeless) and then try to air it out. MISTAKE! Our pass defense is the total package: The Dirty Dozen defensive lineman (that's right nuckas we play 12 defensive lineman per game) brings a kickazz pass rush that doesn't wait. To make matters worse, Coach Roach gets downright nastysometimes and sends members of THE FIRM (Linebacking Corp of Taylor, Dukes, and Robinson) on a variety of blitz packages. He doesn't have to do this, but he just likes being mean. In other words, if you put the ball up 35 times, that's thirty five times your qb is gonna get knockedthekucfdown. Can he stand it? Is your backup capable of withstanding that?

Then the secondary: Oh my God, people please don't throw the ball to our defensive receiving corp. These guys could probably start at wide receiver for most of yall based on the number of passes they catch from opposing qb's. Each of our defensive backs have excellent cover skills. We often match them up in man coverage, because we realize most teams are not gonna have the chance to get the ball away in time to complete anything. Each of these guys will play on Sundays in the near future. Calvin Spears, our preseason All American leads a talented quartet that features Calvin Pearson the best Strong Safety in D1AA and among the best all of college football, Denmark Reid who is a cover corner playing free safety but tackles like a strong safety...the "other" corner is 6'2" 205 Chris Brown (the man who beeitched slap Mike Hayes) and who currently leads the SWAC with 6 interceptions in 4.5 games.

Yall In Trouble!

BigMike,

Its bad enough you had brag about our national rankings. Then you brag about our offense. Now you brag about our defense.

Dude, this ain't fair! What are you going to bring up next? Special teams????

Man, you are taking the fun out of this for all the other teams.

This ain't cool at all. Cut it out!:mad:

Originally posted by Kool-Aid2K1
Didn't JSU's passing offense destroy that "great" secondary last year??

Will someone please tell this clown we are living in the present. I could care less about last year (eventhough we whipped that azz then too)?

But I guess next week will give him all the proof we need.

SOG,

Special Teams discussion will be next!

In the present our offense is the best in Div-1AA.

That's true, based upon the numbers you have been able to put up! We will be able real soon to see just who's offense or defense is up to the task.

Don't be surprised if your offense gets frustrated on the few possessions that yall have. You just know we're gonna march it down your throats. Please don't gamble with letting us score quickly so that you can get the ball back...that will just lead to a rout when yall still don't score.

I know...that's really cfuked up for yall huh? DAMNED IF YA DO...DAMNED IF YA DON'T!!!!

Didn't JSU's passing offense destroy that "great" secondary last year??

You had 25 yards rushing on that day, son! Makes all the sense in the world that your QB was winging it. . .

SWAC Offensive player of the week
Randy Hymes, Grambling State (6-4, 200, Jr., QB, Hitchcock, Tex.): In Grambling's thrilling 33-30 win over Jackson State, Hymes completed 26 of 47 passes for 342 yards and three touchdowns in the crucial second half. His TD passes covered 42, 18 and 11 yards. The junior also had nine carries for 28 yards.

Might I add that Hymes didnt throw any interceptions.

Grambling State 33
Jackson State 30

Originally posted by GramFan

You had 25 yards rushing on that day, son! Makes all the sense in the world that your QB was winging it. . .

SWAC Offensive player of the week
Randy Hymes, Grambling State (6-4, 200, Jr., QB, Hitchcock, Tex.): In Grambling's thrilling 33-30 win over Jackson State, Hymes completed 26 of 47 passes for 342 yards and three touchdowns in the crucial second half. His TD passes covered 42, 18 and 11 yards. The junior also had nine carries for 28 yards.

Might I add that Hymes didnt throw any interceptions.

Grambling State 33
Jackson State 30

[SIZE=4.5] STOP THE WASH!!!! YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT "SHOWTIME" WAS CHOSEN OVER "LOIS LANE" AS POW ... DID GET READY FILE A PROTEST? MAN, THIS YEAR WITH BRAD HILL RUSHING PLUS HYMES WE MIGHT GET 1000 YDS OF TOTAL OFFENSE[/SIZE]

Back