Grambling legend getting worse, wife says.

God Bless Coach Rob and his family. He without a doubt is the greatest coach ever in NCAA or any other type of football history.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I too have fond memories of seeing Coach Rob at the post office when I was a little kid. I remember the smile that he always had on his face. God bless you Eddie Rob. I hope you can beat this thing. I'm praying for the family as well!!!

Thanks to all of you who are praying for Coach Robinson and our family. While the reports of Alzheimer's are running rampant through the media (although no formal diagnosis by a doctor has been made), let me assure you that Coach is still the "class act" that you all either know firsthand or have heard him to be with the same sense of humor and humility. I had the pleasure of sharing a laugh with him just earlier today.

Although he is showing signs of dementia, he is not accelerated to the point that he does not recognize the sound of his grandchildren's voices during a phone call or the sight of his great-grandchildren during a visit. He can still recall many of the great stories he's known for, so don't get the picture of the Ronald Reagan scenario in your heads just yet when you think of Coach Robinson, or Papa as we affectionately refer to him. He's simply getting older, not getting out as he was once accustomed and time catches up.

Keep those prayers and kind words coming! They are much appreciated and always needed. It's never easy to see a loved one get older and change, but it is part of the circle of life.

Back