Graduate degrees from elite schools, do we underestimate them?

Right now, the only thing I know is work and hustle.

So you have not yet learned the art of kissing-azz. I bet all the ones you see getting "groomed" pull the most draws down and kiss booty cheeks. We have seen it at every level... since High School. I saw it at JSU. I saw it at GaTech. I see at work now. I'm sure you even see it in Omega.

That's why I'm asking ya Pops what's ya Ultimate Goal?
Some people do crazy stuff thet get positions
and all fields are "kizz azz" to varying degrees
but you gotta know what you're willing to do and not do

Look how TP stay bouncing around...lol!!!!

Pops What kinda gig you looking for?

So you have not yet learned the art of kissing-azz. I bet all the ones you see getting "groomed" pull the most draws down and kiss booty cheeks. We have seen it at every level... since High School. I saw it at JSU. I saw it at GaTech. I see at work now. I'm sure you even see it in Omega.

TP,
I am in the process of perfecting that. I have bought Christmas cards with starbucks gift cards. Send praise emails when I see someone with something published. It works better with white people though it seems.

That's why I'm asking ya Pops what's ya Ultimate Goal?
Some people do crazy stuff thet get positions
and all fields are "kizz azz" to varying degrees
but you gotta know what you're willing to do and not do

Look how TP stay bouncing around...lol!!!!

Pops What kinda gig you looking for?

I want to work in Higher ED policy and eventually bounce to a University to run Govt relations, possibly get a VP spot and then come back into the Federal Govt in a position of Leadership.

I want to work in Higher ED policy and eventually bounce to a University to run Govt relations, possibly get a VP spot and then come back into the Federal Govt in a position of Leadership.

I don't know nothing about that stuff BUT I suggest you do what I did in medicine,
get a mentor or several mentors who have already done all that, and pay close attention to not only what they say
but what they do, and what you hear them say around their peers.

:(
To each his own, but if my grandmother was still alive, under NO circumstances can I EVER fathom being too busy doing ANYTHING for THAT long to not see her.

carry on...

Agree totally.

If my grandmother was alive, I would visit her all the time. That's what I did when she was actually alive. Heck, I would drive past my parents house to visit my grandmother first when I was in college.

Aye TP, notice I said Vandy. No way I would put them in the same sentence as Bama, Auburn or UGA. :lol: Vandy is the real deal.
I think for a graduate degree, you do need a name behind the degree if you are just starting out. IF you went back to school mid-career, it may not matter as much.

Also, it depends on the field. Someone from Harvard or Princeton would mean nothing to me if I was looking for a scientist/engineer. I think those are great places for business and liberal arts degrees.

...and POPS (since you started this thread), you are in a "kiss-azz" field so yes you need all the superficial superlatives you can muster.

...and I have never heard of an SEC degree having any academic respect outside of the norm. Learn something new every day.

To each his own, but if my grandmother was still alive, under NO circumstances can I EVER fathom being too busy doing ANYTHING for THAT long to not see her.

carry on...

Man, those flights home aren't exactly cheap and when you are in grad school and working full-time, sometimes you just can't make it. Hell, I got an uncle that has not been back home to visit anyone in America since 1998.

Back