gooddoctor's weekly picks

thegooddoctor

It's nearing that time when some folks will be packing their gear, while some see playoffs and others are still wishing and hoping.
The chatter will begin to cease once reality sets in and those who saw great things for their respective teams at the beginning of the season begin to ponder on what went wrong.

Alabama A&M vs MVSU - Playing in the Delta won't help MVSU. Coach Jones and his junior college transfers are encountering the hottest team in the SWAC. Look for the Delta Devils to pack it in early and those who come to see the game will leave soon after the half time show is over. Kennedy will have put 30 on the board by half-time. I just hope Cole and crew don't embarrass the SWAC and lose to Tuskegee.

Alabama A&M vs APB - Both teams are playing out the schedule and have been disappointments this season. Cooper makes it interesting because he has assume both the defensive and the offensive coordinator positions. The Bulldogs will stop the one dimensional Golden Lions running game and will prevail because of playing in Huntsville. It's wait till next year for both teams.

Prarie View vs SU - If the Panthers are going to pull the upset now is the time. Jaguars are crippled on offense. Running game and passing game both have gone ka-plunk due to injuries. Panthers are dangerous. But, the Jags defense has risen to the ocassion the past two weeks and are playing with a vengence. The Jaguar Nation will be out in force providing moral support.
A wounded feline ain't to be messed with. Jags will win this one but the Panthers make it close.

JSU vs Alcorn - SWAC game of the week. If this game was played on the reservation at Alcorn common sense would favor the Braves. Playing in Jackson gives the Tigers the edge. However, the Braves are in the thick of the SWAC East championship hunt. The Tigers are on melt down and have been disappointing this season. Both teams have shown the ability to score but I beleive the Braves are better on defense. Plus the Braves continue to improve. Carrie will rise to the ocassion and Kent has been throwing interceptions at a record rate. It's pay back time. I look for a scalping in Jackson. Dumb BET will provide a tape delayed broadcast.

Last Week: 6-0
Season Record: 45-14

I'm outta here.
:rolleyes:

Back