Go Paperless

I'll never go with a auto draft payment, I want to pay my own bills when I'm ready to pay them and not when they want to take it from me.

I agree. Help me understand though. Is that not the same thing as I have auto draft and I told them the date of each month that I want the amount deducted from my account? They didn't tell me when they want to take it. I told them.

Do you still receive paper statements from your bank, creditors, bills, etc? With all this Identity Theft drama going on, going paperless is supposed to be one of the best solutions to preventing it. I'm finally converting all my stuff over to paperless right now, since you can do just about everything on-line these days.

It's taken me a while to adapt to this concept, cuz I'm just old-school and actually like seeing my bills come in the mail.

Been paperless on everything that I could get them to stop sending me for a while now....

People complain about BOA but I've had very few problems. Recently I have had my account frozen because of forgetting passwords or what they saw as irregular activity. I didn't even get mad because if it has been a thief they wouldn't have gotten very far. I just made a phone call, verified some info, and all was well. Their e-bill pay is just too easy. For other bills have mycheckfree.com or I just get bills by email. I can't remember the last time I mailed off a payment for anything.

I'm loving BOA. We just moved to AL and they don't even have one here but I like them so much that I so far have not been moved to get a local bank.

What do u mean?

the fraud protection. they will shut your card off at any given moment, but have the employee advise that they attempted to notify the customer. a lie. or inform that it was a new fraud ring just indicated so for your protection we did what we thought was best for the customer. this is what i had to tell folk when they were stranded in the middle of nowhere trying to get gas and their card was shut down. AND 9 times out of 10, there is no fraud on the account, the account was just flagged because of an unusual purchase. and there is no way to opt out. i personally didn't like that. because if i decided to go to best buy and get me a plasma, they gon more than likely shut the card down, but who buys plasmas on a regular basis? the whole concept is bootleg to me.

I'm loving BOA. We just moved to AL and they don't even have one here but I like them so much that I so far have not been moved to get a local bank.

My wife and I use BOA also. They provide a good service sometimes. The only problem that we have with them is that they will sometimes withdrawn money to pay bills before the date we set up. Other than that they are pretty good at paying bills online.

The only problem that we have with them is that they will sometimes withdrawn money to pay bills before the date we set up.

Dat shat happened once with my car note and fucced my account all up. :rolleyes: :lol:

Honestly, as much as I hate BOA, everything been straight so far since I got back on track. I just have to monitor my account VERY closely. :nod:

I agree. Help me understand though. Is that not the same thing as I have auto draft and I told them the date of each month that I want the amount deducted from my account? They didn't tell me when they want to take it. I told them.
yes...I mean you tell them what date you want the payment to come out each month and they take it automatically from your checking account. I don't mean payroll draft or anything like that.

I pay my auto insurance twice a year, I pay by check. Well, I went to pay them last month and I opened up my checkbook. I looked at the last check I wrote, which was for my auto insurance in Nov 2006. So, over the past 6 months, I have written 2 checks, both for auto insurance.

I haven't set it up for online bill pay because I only pay them twice a year.

You can still pay them only twice a year with Bank of America....They'll send the check WHEN you say send it....it is the best thing since sliced bread!:happydance:

I had to mail a check to Mike from Alabama....I hate going to the post office. So I put his name in my list of Individuals to pay and told them to send a check for X amount and make it a one time payment only. Paper checks take 4 days, but it works.

I just re-joined Bank of America because Wachovia is getting on my last nerve. When I rejoined BOA, they re-opened my old account.

I mean that I want to pay it on my schedule when I want to, I understand about you telling them what date to withdraw the funds. I just feel more control over my money when I go into my billpay and click the company I'm paying and put the amount of money I'll pay them. Most of the time I pay more than what they want to balance certain funds out for the following month.

Also, one of my jobs I don't get paid at the same time every month because they pay every 2 weeks which gives us 26 pay checks instead of 24 like most people because they get paid twice a month.

Guess what else they do? You can transfer money from BOA to another bank.... they had some issues with the system a while back but now you can wire bank-to-bank....no charge.
Damn, fa real? I didn't know my bank did all that. BOA needs to come on to Louisiana.

Guess what else they do? You can transfer money from BOA to another bank.... they had some issues with the system a while back but now you can wire bank-to-bank....no charge.

Hmm they charge me $3 to wire from my acct at BOA to my account at the Credit Union. I figure by the time I drive to a location I would break even.

I do my banking online, too. I haven't had any problems. BOA just upgraded their system, and I like it! :tup:

I don't like the new interface. It came without warning, unless I deleted the memo.

Guess I'll have to get used to it because I didn't get a choice in the matter. :goof:

Back