Give me a freaking break

JSU*Toi

ppfastore_1717_6651925

FOR THE RECORD I HAVE ORDERED 5 AND I WILL GIVE THEM OUT AS GIFTS TO MY FRIENDS.....

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- A holiday card by the nation's largest abortion-rights group is under fire from some groups that say it is offensive and reflects an anti-religious bigotry.

The card, offered by the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, features the words "Choice on Earth" against a blue backdrop with white snowflakes. Inside it reads, "Warmest wishes for a peaceful holiday season."

It's the phrase on the card's cover -- a twist on the biblical "Peace on Earth" -- that has angered some groups that oppose abortion.

"The group twists a well-known Scripture in which God offers peace on earth -- not abortion -- through the birth of his son, Jesus Christ," said a statement by Wendy Wright, senior policy director at Concerned Women for America. "Planned Parenthood officials are too hardened by their mission of profiting from abortion to see that Christmas itself flies in the face of all they stand for."

The Family Research Council blasted the card as a "grotesque mangling" of the story of Jesus' birth and called on Planned Parenthood to withdraw it.

"To celebrate abortion at the season when Christians worldwide remember the birth of the Savior is just plain sick," read a statement from the group.

Planned Parenthood called the criticism "absurd," and said it comes from groups that want to shut it down.

The card "sends an inclusive seasonal message for people of all faiths," the organization said in a statement. It has been available in past years, Planned Parenthood said.

Since the criticism began in late November, Planned Parenthood said, its card sales have risen, prompting extra card printings. The organization also is selling T-shirts with the words "Choice on Earth."

Fist of all it is MY body, I don't see these anti-abortion people tring to help the kids in foster homes or the homeless kids. I mean I am not saying go out and have a abortion every six months but it should be MY CHOICE ( with some input from the father ) but no one outside my house should be able to tell me what to do in my DAMN HOUSE :redhot:

They're not pro-life or anti-abortion.

They're anti-choice (freedom) facsists.

And why are they so upset that someone has a better take on their spin of Mithra's, Odin's, and Horus's birthday?

I think the issue is that the phrase "Peace on Earth" is recognized as being in the Bible pertaining to the birth of Christ. The similarities are very close. They see it as one-up-manship on the part of the t-shirt maker, expecially since the shirt is for the holiday season.

I get offended when I see that fish symbol on the back of people's cars with "Darwin" inside instead of "Jesus".

soph,
I am anti-abortion, but I am pro-choice. I don't know how much sense that makes. I don't like abortion inmy case but I think it is a person's right to make that choice for themselves.

Originally posted by jag4life
I think the issue is that the phrase "Peace on Earth" is recognized as being in the Bible pertaining to the birth of Christ. The similarities are very close. They see it as one-up-manship on the part of the t-shirt maker, expecially since the shirt is for the holiday season.

I get offended when I see that fish symbol on the back of people's cars with "Darwin" inside instead of "Jesus".

soph,
I am anti-abortion, but I am pro-choice. I don't know how much sense that makes. I don't like abortion inmy case but I think it is a person's right to make that choice for themselves.

The examples I cite predate Christianity, but that's beside the point. :)

Your position makes perfect sense, and I wish more felt as you do. Many mothers feel as you do.

Back