Gis

JagBR

Geographic Information System. Anyone familiar with that career? My son wants to do an internship in it.

When I worked at Atlanta City Hall, we had people who worked in GIS in the planning dept. So maybe there's a concentration in urban planning. Not sure though.

That's not bad at all. It can be applied in so many instances.

Styles, school these folks bruh! :tup: We took one of those classes together at Alcorn.

Geographic Information System. Anyone familiar with that career? My son wants to do an internship in it.
If your son lives/goes to school in Baton Rouge, you might want to contact the City-Parish Planning Department. I am a City Planner by profession and I am certain Baton Rouge has a GIS system in their Planning Department as most mid-size to large cities do.

Last edited:
I had to take a class in GIS to complete my Bachelor's in Urban Planning a few years ago.

If your son can master GIS the sky is the limit..tell him to go for it!

btw, gramfan I didnt know you were a planner..cool:clap:

Last edited:

I've been in this field for about 5 years now and love it. Like Tru said the sky is the limit. If you don't mind me asking, why is your son seeking an internship so late? I think most internship are close to being filled. We currently have a few interns in our GIS group now.

Last edited:
Back