Ghetto Arse Malls

MACBFAC

No Mulligans!!
What makes a Mall Ghetto? Barbershops Bling bling jewelry booths everywhere........
or

A Rim Shop that's selling 20in. rims for SUV's and all other kind of stuff to go along with your hoo-ride. I saw the latter at Montgomery Mall yesterday lol
:lmao:

what have guys ran across?

Man....in ATL.....the ghetto malls would have to be Greenbriar and West End. They sell everything from car stereos (stolen), to car alternators, fan belts, chimes to a grandfather clock.....without the clock....:lmao:, bootleg DVD/Video/CD sales....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
As far as ghetto goes, T-Shirt Shops, bootleg gear, fake Italian fashion, and a hotwing restaurant in the food court...

The bootleg Mall in Houston is

NORTHLINE MALL

One store in the mall sales: bootleg CD's & VCR tapes, balloons, air brush T shirts, and ice cream sandwiches.

At Christmas time you always see the Mall's Santa Claus outside near the parking lot on a cigerette break!

Originally posted by Quietstorm
The bootleg Mall in Houston is

NORTHLINE MALL

One store in the mall sales: bootleg CD's & VCR tapes, balloons, air brush T shirts, and ice cream sandwiches.

At Christmas time you always see the Mall's Santa Claus outside near the parking lot on a cigerette break!

Agreed:D
Greenspoint is also pretty ghetto.

Check your PM I got someting for ya.

In BR, Cortana Mall, where you must have a medallion, gold teeth and be in need of a nail refill to shop.

In Dallas, RedBird(sp), same requirements as Cortana.

Originally posted by unknown1
Man....in ATL.....the ghetto malls would have to be Greenbriar and West End. They sell everything from car stereos (stolen), to car alternators, fan belts, chimes to a grandfather clock.....without the clock....:lmao:, bootleg DVD/Video/CD sales....

Nall homeboi....you got Greenbriar Mall mixed-up wit Greenbriar Flea market. Get'it right.

Like Chris Rock said........

"Every city has at least 2 malls. The mall the white people go to, and the mall the white people used to go to." :D

As stated before, ghetto malls in the ATL are Greenbriar and West End. Actually I don't think West End even counts as a mall.

Back in BR the ghetto mall was Cortana. Before that it was Bon Marche(the namesake for "Mall City"). Bon Marche also had one of the most ghetto theatres in the city. There were 40s in the parking lot and "I Got the Hook-Up" was still running even after it went to video. A lot of SU peeps were relieved when CitiPlace and Tinseltown opened up.

Way back when, the ghetto malls in the L.A. area were Carson Mall, Hawthorne Plaza, and Baldwin Hills-Crenshaw Plaza. Fox Hills wasn't ghetto per se, but a lot of ghetto folks did take that bus ride up Slauson. The thing about L.A. is that you didn't really need a ghetto mall when you had swap meets. That was one-stop shopping at its best back in the day.

Originally posted by BIFF
Like Chris Rock said........

"Every city has at least 2 malls. The mall the white people go to, and the mall the white people used to go to." :D

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I dont really see why people say that Greenbriar is ghetto. It is just like a regular mall to me. BUT that damn West End has to be the ghettoist mall I have ever been to. Homeless folks live on the steps outside of the mall ( in the back). I have seen prostitutes stroll INSIDE of the mall, the MAIN store in the mall is a FOOT LOCKER and that is the only store in the mall that you have heard about. Well I take that back, they have a Sears about the size of a barber shop, that only sells tv's and washing machines. Then there is this fish spot in the middle of the mall, that keeps the whole mall smelling like fried fish. Evelrybody in the mall has on house shoes.

The only thing about Greenbriar that was ghetto to me was the stand in the middle of the mall that put gold teeth in folks mouf.

Originally posted by JSTUS
In BR, Cortana Mall, where you must have a medallion, gold teeth and be in need of a nail refill to shop.

In Dallas, RedBird(sp), same requirements as Cortana.

I USED TO WORK AT REDBIRD AND THEY HAVE A CHINESE FOOD PLACE WITH MEXICANS COOKING THE FOOD AND A MEXICAN FOOD PLACE WITH CHINESE FOLKS COOKING.....LOL...

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Salem Mall?! lmao!

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2
you meant the BlackBird Mall in Dallas and, add one the Salem mall in Dayton, Ohio:D :D :D
Man!! Salem Mall was the absolute ghettofab mall out there!! It was next to the Mel Farr auto dealer. :lol: I use to go there and it wasn't theat bad inside, but outside....:lol:

I haven't been there since I was in school and been going to the Fairfield Commons (near Wright St.) :rolleyes:

I wonder if Salem Mall is still there. :confused:

CSUNJ

Yep its still there but barely. Were you in the band with Anthony Moore and was Oliver still there then.:D :D :D :D :D

Dayum!!!

Back in the days when I was at SU we considered Bon Marche Mall as the ghetto mall. Has Cortana gotten that bad? They were building on the new malls when I left, so I never saw the finish product.

In Miami the Ghetto Mall is 163rd Street Mall. Home of every thug and baller in the city. Also the resting place for ghetto girls with 12 inch long hairdos. :lmao:

What about Evergreen Plaza in Chicago?

funny

This is a funny post and proof that black folks are the same er'where you go.

Yeah, Bon Marche was definitely the ghetto spot back in the day. And, I'm with MJ, I didn't realize Cortana had gotten that bad. I haven't been to the new malls in Baton Rouge. Cortana was the spot back in the day.

And I definitely remember Redbird(Blackbird) Mall when I lived in Dallas. They changed the name right? I guess they were trying to change the image, but it will always be Redbird.

Lafayette Square Mall on the west side is Indy's ghetto mall. There are three different stores that sell the same stuff (matching short sets). The name of one store is Player's Modern Clothing, no joke. And they've got a kids store that sells the same stuff, but it's call Jus4kidz. And, they've got an Orange Julius. I thought that place went out of business when I was in high school. And of course there are the obligatory nail and jewelry places...and all of the kiosks sell gold chains or fake black art.

And, no one goes to the theather there any more, unless you don't care about hearing or seeing the movie. There's a JCPenny's but since it's the black folks version you won't find the same items you would on the white folks side of town.

Re: CSUNJ

Originally posted by CATMENDUE2
Yep its still there but barely. Were you in the band with Anthony Moore and was Oliver still there then.:D :D :D :D :D
Yeah, I was in the band when Oliver was still there. I came in '94. Anthony Moore? I don't know him, he problably was there before me. :cool:

Originally posted by MACBFAC
What makes a Mall Ghetto? Barbershops Bling bling jewelry booths everywhere........
or

A Rim Shop that's selling 20in. rims for SUV's and all other kind of stuff to go along with your hoo-ride. I saw the latter at Montgomery Mall yesterday lol
:lmao:

what have guys ran across?

MAC, I was thinkin' the same thang...
A rim shop at the entrance of the Montgomery Mall!!

Maaaan, I was like.... huh?
Twyankies in the Mall?? :eek2:

WTH! :smh:

...Us folk! :bawling:

*hmmm, I wonder what dem 20s they hitt'n fo?*

Originally posted by Miami Jag

Back in the days when I was at SU we considered Bon Marche Mall as the ghetto mall. Has Cortana gotten that bad? They were building on the new malls when I left, so I never saw the finish product.

Cortana is bad, too bad to put into words. You have to hold onto your purse to walk through there. I recommend an oxygen mask too so you won't test positive for marijuana due to inhaling all the leftover fumes you smell coming off the clothes and skin of the young folks that hang out there.

I live near Mall of Louisiana, the new mall. It houses stores that would never be in Cortana, like Banana Republic, Abercomie(sp?) and Finch, and Ann Taylor. There are no gold chain stands in the center aisle. There's nothing that appeals to the Cortana crowd, so they are rarely out there.

Re: Salem Mall?! lmao!

Originally posted by CSU*NJ
Man!! Salem Mall was the absolute ghettofab mall out there!! It was next to the Mel Farr auto dealer. :lol: I use to go there and it wasn't theat bad inside, but outside....:lol:

I haven't been there since I was in school and been going to the Fairfield Commons (near Wright St.) :rolleyes:

I wonder if Salem Mall is still there. :confused:

Salem Mall in Dayton is still there.

Cortana is bad, too bad to put into words. You have to hold onto your purse to walk through there. I recommend an oxygen mask too so you won't test positive for marijuana due to inhaling all the leftover fumes you smell coming off the clothes and skin of the young folks that hang out there.

I live near Mall of Louisiana, the new mall. It houses stores that would never be in Cortana, like Banana Republic, Abercomie(sp?) and Finch, and Ann Taylor. There are no gold chain stands in the center aisle. There's nothing that appeals to the Cortana crowd, so they are rarely out there.

I've got to defend Cortana. It is not that bad. Yeah you can buy gold in the mall, but it is no where near what Bon Marche was before it closed. That was Ghetto. Right up there with the descriptions being given about some of the Ghetto Malls in the ATL.

OK, first off...

Lay off the ATL malls. They aren't that ghetto. Well West End is pretty bad, but I wouldn't even classify it as a mall now. Greenbriar is no worse than South DeKalb. Gold tooth stand and barber shop, but no car stereos, etc., But Stonecrest the newest mall in ATL has a barber shop. I think it's just what caters to our people. So they ain't that bad!

Second J-T, you leave Lafayette Sq. alone. I got a nice pair of And 1's outta there last summer from JC Penny's. Is the art in that store by the food court fake? I've never been in there.

It's sad to see the demise of Cortana and Montgomery Malls also, I remember having some good times there also, a long time ago. I think the Metrocenter in Jackson may also be going down, I haven't been there in awhile, but some of my friends have used the word ghetto to describe it lately.

Back