Get Ready Unplugged: Sick and tired of being sick and tired

he just making furture excuses why his team won't win a swac title. He knows that his new 1-9 coach is not worth much. Dude, I can read in between the lines. If JSU coach sucks than every other coach in the swac sucks too, that is what he is trying to say.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
but swac refs do sucks, I agree 100% with him on that. But it has been bad for so long that everybody is just use to it now.

Originally posted by LIL JAG
But it has been bad for so long that everybody is just use to it now.

How old are you? Dayum youngsters, know how to use computers even before knowing how to let the toilet seat down after using it..........:shame:

WOODY,

Although Get Ready sometimes gets blinded by that blue light that comes out of Jackson, I think his heart is in the right place. Now if the new Commisioner (Vowels) would just say something or even anything to show some leadership, it might get the ball rolling. The SWAC as a whole is due and overhaul. By the way GR, your Grandmomma was right.

Good article by Get Ready.... I pay attention to MOST of what Robber says, Half of what Get Ready says, and not a damn thing of what Tigerpride says.

Originally posted by THAMES
..........Although Get Ready sometimes gets blinded by that blue light that comes out of Jackson, I think his heart is in the right place.

True that. HE MAKES SOME EXCELLENT POINTS.

Originally posted by Robber
My boy won't be winning no Pullitzers, but he is on point.

Very true Robber. (He will win a "Bullishtzer" fa sho' though.)
Good commentary GR.

Some of you can't see pass the hate to see that he was on point with this article. If the swac just makes simple changes it will work out for all of us in the end. I for one am tried of seeing c**n ball. But that is just me.

Needless to say GR had said a lot of this for a long time. I agree with a lot of what he wrote in the column.

Originally posted by Robber
My boy won't be winning no Pullitzers, but he is on point.

Thats why we call it "Unplugged". You can throw all of the journalistic rules out of the window. :hat:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
First step to be coming a better conference lies with each member school. The answers to the following questions may shed light on why HBCU's can not compete on the I-AA national level.

1) How much is your recruitment budget?
If your program plays in an annual classic game, how many players from that city do you recruit on an annual basis? (e.g. FAMU and TSU play annually in Atlanta. How many players from the Atlanta area are they each recruiting annually?)

2) Where are your largest alumni bases?
(a) Do you recruit heavily in those areas?
(b) Do you have a mechanism in place that allows for alumni referrals of players?

3) How many members of your football staff are full-time and paid?
(a) How many are paid?
(b) How many are full-time?
(c) Are your coaches required to attend a minimum number of off-season coaching clinics?
(d) If so, how many?
(e) Does the school cover the costs?
(f) If not, why not?
(g) If they?re not required to attend any clinics, why not?

4) How much instruction time is allocated and given per player, pre-season, during season?
(a) Do you have to share your practice field with another sport?
(b) If so, how does this affect player instruction?

5) Are you pleased with your weight room?
(a) Do you have a full-time strength and conditioning coach?
Not a football coach who also does a weight program, but a full-time, certified strength and conditioning coach.
(b) Do you have strength and conditioning coach who is dedicated to the football program or is he/she shared with the rest of the athletic department?

6) Do you have an annual football camp?

7) Are your games broadcast on the radio, via computer web cast, and/or television?
(a) What markets are you reaching?
(b) Do you have a coaches? show?
(c) If so, what markets are you reaching?
(d) Do you have a football website that is updated regularly?
(e) Is it interactive and recruit/ fan friendly?

8) Does your school have a full time marketing/ sponsorship person in charge of only athletics?
(a) Does you school have a full time athletic booster/ fundraising staff?
(b) Does your booster club bring in enough revenue to endow
scholarships, assist with staffing costs and/or significantly upgrade facilities?

Originally posted by DAHILL
Good article by Get Ready.... I pay attention to MOST of what Robber says, Half of what Get Ready says, and not a damn thing of what Tigerpride says.

You will learn.

Originally posted by Ice Man

(b) Do you have strength and conditioning coach who is dedicated to the football program or is he/she shared with the rest of the athletic department?

I don't think a strength and conditioning coach for just football is allowed in I-AA.

Are you sure....there is limitations on the number of coaches. I know some programs have an assistant who is solely responsible for the football program.

Originally posted by Ice Man
Are you sure....there is limitations on the number of coaches. I know some programs have an assistant who is solely responsible for the football program.

It is my understanding that the NCAA allows only 6 full time assistants for 1-AA football. A strength & conditioning coach is allowed but he is responsible for all sports and has limitations as far as coaching is concerned.

This is the NCAA rule and not necessarily what each school is doing.

Back