Genevieve......by EJD

Suge

The Phat Mack
If you haven't gone out and gotten this book, then you need to do it today!! The book was phenomenal. The plot was diverse and grabs your attention form the start and doesn't stop until the last page.

Now I must warn you, that if you are looking for a story like his early books dealing with young couples in LA, with characters like Toyami, etc. Then this book is not for you. Great book!

Now I'm working on Benilde Little & Connie Briscoe new books!

I'll get it soon. I'm excited. :tup: He really has towin me back after that last subpar book.

I might check that one out this weekend, Suge. I'll need something to occupy my time.

Is this Eric Jerome Dickey's new book? If so, I will MOST DEFINITELY pick this one up. :tup:

JSTUS said:
I'll get it soon. I'm excited. :tup: He really has towin me back after that last subpar book.

You didn't like Drive me Crazy? I have to admit that after reading the book the second time I liked it more. There were just some unbelievable story lines in that book and he tried to tie too many plot twist together.

Now that Naughty or Nice book he put out was horrible!

Suge said:
You didn't like Drive me Crazy? I have to admit that after reading the book the second time I liked it more. There were just some unbelievable story lines in that book and he tried to tie too many plot twist together.

Now that Naughty or Nice book he put out was horrible!

Naughty or Nice was the Christmas book about the sisters, right? That wasn't good work either. Alright but no good.

Drive Me Crazy was :vomit:. It reminded me of Thieves Paradise, which I thought was :tdown: and his absolute worst writing until I read DMC. However, he's still on my top list of authors. His good works definitely outweigh the bad. So, I'm trying to think positively about reading Genevieve. :tup:

JSTUS said:
Naughty or Nice was the Christmas book about the sisters, right? That wasn't good work either. Alright but no good.

Drive Me Crazy was :vomit:. It reminded me of Thieves Paradise, which I thought was :tdown: and his absolute worst writing until I read DMC. However, he's still on my top list of authors. His good works definitely outweigh the bad. So, I'm trying to think positively about reading Genevieve. :tup:

EXACTLY! It was too much like TP. I get them both confused...same kind of shady characters. He's a little like E. Lynn and John Grisham...lots of the same stuff and he needs to reinvent himself so I hope this new one is as good as Suge says.

And I just bought Connie's book last night. I didn't realize it was a continuation of PG County. So far it's a pretty easy read. Hopefully it will get more interesting. I'm just on page 30 right now. Gotta get Benilde's book too.

I finished the Benilde Little Book over the weekend, and it was okay. I still like that she writes about the black buppies, but this book didn't have as many twist and turns as her forst two books. Plus I realized that I never read Acting Out, so I have to go and pick that one up. But it has to get in line.

I'm starting on the Connie Briscoe next.....I just couldn't get to it yesterday, too busy on the grill.

Back