Garage gyms

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
This whole pandemic has seriously got me on the brink of investing in a home/garage gym. I'm just not comfortable with being in a traditional gym environment right now with everything going on.

Does anyone here have a garage/home gym setup? If so, is the financial investment worth it?

I'm in the process of doing it. How do you prefer to train? Heavy cardio, free weights, plyo focused. I would budget about 1000 to get a good stationary bike or treadmill and dumbbells and mats for starters.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
I'm in the process of doing it. How do you prefer to train? Heavy cardio, free weights, plyo focused. I would budget about 1000 to get a good stationary bike or treadmill and dumbbells and mats for starters.
I'm more of a free weights guy. I've been looking into getting a power rack, a bench, barbell and dumbells (adjustable ones) The wife would like a treadmill.

The hard part is that now a lot of companies -- and even Amazon -- have a lot of stuff on backorder because of the pandemic.

I'd figure 500 to 1,000 is fair enough to spend.

I'm more of a free weights guy. I've been looking into getting a power rack, a bench, barbell and dumbells (adjustable ones) The wife would like a treadmill.

The hard part is that now a lot of companies -- and even Amazon -- have a lot of stuff on backorder because of the pandemic.

I'd figure 500 to 1,000 is fair enough to spend.
I just ordered a rack from rogue

This is the weight bench I have. It's a good gym one I bought from Walmart years ago.

I will check them out. It seems like a bunch of fitness folks like their products.
Get your racks and bars from them because you will want quality products a broken bar or rack is a quick way to get injured.

For your weights, look elsewhere and save money

I have an elliptical machine, an all in one weight set with the connected bench where you can lift weights for different parts of one's body and a sauna inside in addition to a massage chair.....need to utilize them more...LOL I stopped paying gym fees a long time ago. I thought about the money I was spending monthly and came up with the idea of investing it in a garage gym a few years ago.

Back