Garage gyms

Kendrick

Administrator
Staff member
This whole pandemic has seriously got me on the brink of investing in a home/garage gym. I'm just not comfortable with being in a traditional gym environment right now with everything going on.

Does anyone here have a garage/home gym setup? If so, is the financial investment worth it?

I'm in the process of doing it. How do you prefer to train? Heavy cardio, free weights, plyo focused. I would budget about 1000 to get a good stationary bike or treadmill and dumbbells and mats for starters.

I'm in the process of doing it. How do you prefer to train? Heavy cardio, free weights, plyo focused. I would budget about 1000 to get a good stationary bike or treadmill and dumbbells and mats for starters.
I'm more of a free weights guy. I've been looking into getting a power rack, a bench, barbell and dumbells (adjustable ones) The wife would like a treadmill.

The hard part is that now a lot of companies -- and even Amazon -- have a lot of stuff on backorder because of the pandemic.

I'd figure 500 to 1,000 is fair enough to spend.

I'm more of a free weights guy. I've been looking into getting a power rack, a bench, barbell and dumbells (adjustable ones) The wife would like a treadmill.

The hard part is that now a lot of companies -- and even Amazon -- have a lot of stuff on backorder because of the pandemic.

I'd figure 500 to 1,000 is fair enough to spend.
I just ordered a rack from rogue

This is the weight bench I have. It's a good gym one I bought from Walmart years ago.

I will check them out. It seems like a bunch of fitness folks like their products.
Get your racks and bars from them because you will want quality products a broken bar or rack is a quick way to get injured.

For your weights, look elsewhere and save money

I have an elliptical machine, an all in one weight set with the connected bench where you can lift weights for different parts of one's body and a sauna inside in addition to a massage chair.....need to utilize them more...LOL I stopped paying gym fees a long time ago. I thought about the money I was spending monthly and came up with the idea of investing it in a garage gym a few years ago.

Back