G Phi G??

j-state_tiger06

(T'06 for short)
I was browsing on the MEAC Board and there were people discussing the organization G Phi G (Groove Phi Groove), a non-greek organization (yet they use greek letters). Has anyone ever heard of Groove Phi Groove? One poster said they were heavy in the Northeast and went on to name famous members.

Is this org. present on any SWAC campuses? At JSU G Phi G is "Glorify God", a Christian-based organization. This is totally new to me but apparently they are heavy on the East Coast at HBCU's.

All I know is that they came from Morgan and they're colors are Black and White.

I saw them as the Anti-Greek org.

Yup... I've heard of them both (Glory Phi God & Groove Phi Groove)
I know that there is a chapter or what have you of Glory Phi God at AUM (Auburn University @ Montgomery).

Not sure about Groove Phi Groove....
They consist of poets, etc... though

I heard of them at Texas Southern but never saw them. Then the sports program had Geek Phi Geek and had the letter G phi G. So I dont know....

I've heard that Groove Phi Groove and Swing Phi Swing were also at Grambling.

I have come across some Grooves on the net and they strike me as very anti-Greek, which is interesting considering that most of what they do mirrors Black Greek-Lettered Organizations.

Originally posted by BandFan
anit-Greek?

WTH is this concept?

Frat, it's more of the connotations that come up when one mentions Greek life, of any respect--positive aspects notwithstanding.

Originally posted by Justin
Frat, it's more of the connotations that come up when one mentions Greek life, of any respect--positive aspects notwithstanding.

Say that again in ENGLISH!!!

:confused:

Say that again in ENGLISH!!!

:confused:

Frat, their rationale is when one mentions Greek life, nothing but negative images come up so. So much, in their eyes, that any good that's produced is overshadowed by the bull**** that comes out in the news and papers. So to distance themselves from that, and at the same time be kinda narrow-minded, they bash that concept of being Greek.

anit-Greek?

WTH is this concept?

I mentioned "anti-Greek" concerning G Phi G because the members that I have encountered had issues about us using Greek letters and basically didn't have anything good to say about NPHC organizations. As I stated before, I find this odd because the only real difference between them and any NPHC or non-NPHC fraternity is the fact that they don't use Greek letters. Everything else is pretty much the same(line names and numbers, paraphernalia, stepping, National structure, etc.)

Personally I couldn't care less if someone dislikes Phi Beta Sigma or any other organization for whatever reason, but all of the energy that is spent on "hateration" could be used elsewhere.

Originally posted by BILBREW

but all of the energy that is spent on "hateration" could be used elsewhere.

.....Yeah like recruiting more members for your sorry azz Fraternity. The BRUHZ need to do a MASS wreck on this Gphi cats. :lol:

That sound like some BAZZACKWARDS stuff to me. Hate us, but you have A Greek letter in your name.

NESS.

The Grooves had a chapter at "T". As with all frats there was a stereotype that the Grooves were the drinkers on campus. Maybe it was just at "T", but that's what they were known as. They were pretty good steppers though. They had one dude by the name of 'Hucklebuck' that could show off. The Grooves were supposed to crash a step show this one particular semester, but all the guys backed out except for Hucklebuck. He stepped by himself. Drunker than Cootie Brown. Somehow he got himself together and did his thing. He got more house than any of the other frats and sorors that stepped that night. That was classic

Originally posted by j-state_tiger06
I was browsing on the MEAC Board and there were people discussing the organization G Phi G (Groove Phi Groove), a non-greek organization (yet they use greek letters). Has anyone ever heard of Groove Phi Groove? One poster said they were heavy in the Northeast and went on to name famous members.

Is this org. present on any SWAC campuses? At JSU G Phi G is "Glorify God", a Christian-based organization. This is totally new to me but apparently they are heavy on the East Coast at HBCU's.

I remember seeing/hearing of them at TU in the 80s.

I wonder who has more members: G-Phi-G or Iota Phi Theta.

I just peeped out their National Website.....do you thing G-Phi.

I wonder who has more members: G-Phi-G or Iota Phi Theta.

I just peeped out their National Website.....do you thing G-Phi.

i am thinking g phi g, but there has been an outbreak of iota's at jsu who transferred from sippi state, alabama, and some other nothern schools. they tried to become recogonized on campus but jsu declined that application, so, from my understanding they are having underground lines.

I'm sure that Iota has more members than Groove does. Iota is still small, but they have pretty much spread out to be nationwide. You would be hard pressed to find an active Groove chapter outside of the Eastern Seaboard. Neither one of them hold any heat in the South though, which is why they are still foreign to a lot of people.

Originally posted by dSWACizJSU
i am thinking g phi g, but there has been an outbreak of iota's at jsu who transferred from sippi state, alabama, and some other nothern schools. they tried to become recogonized on campus but jsu declined that application, so, from my understanding they are having underground lines.

They are not really underground because the neo's have national recognition. I think they go to MS State and pledge there, but they are not part of MSU's chapter. They're legit, but it's confusing.

Originally posted by dSWACizJSU

underground Iota lines?
Iotas in the south.. wow...

Back