Funny video - in game vlog from a PWC band vs SU game

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
I’ve seen that vid before. One thing that stuck out to me was when the Jukebox was playing a song, he said “that’s my culture” or something, and seemed to be bragging about it.

if that’s your culture then why in the hell are you at Memphis

lol - they ask him on the comments part but he doesn't respond or at least I didn't see it. Partly though there's no other public HBCU in Memphis so they'll go the big school just to go and stay close to home but they never develop a true diehard passion as they can't get close to the action due to boosters, etc.. He looks like he's mocking his own band though.

I wish every major city had an HBCU as that would get the fly by night student to think seriously. No way Atlanta should be void of one or even Birmingham. Grambling is on another level if in Shreveport. Dallas needs one. But I think its by design unfortunately as your pool expands and power is concentrated on one place.

I’ve seen that vid before. One thing that stuck out to me was when the Jukebox was playing a song, he said “that’s my culture” or something, and seemed to be bragging about it.

if that’s your culture then why in the hell are you at Memphis

People have their reasons. For example I was in the military and Texas paid for my tuition. No HBCU in TX had a Meteorology major and I wanted to stay in state so ended up at TAMU.

lol - they ask him on the comments part but he doesn't respond or at least I didn't see it. Partly though there's no other public HBCU in Memphis so they'll go the big school just to go and stay close to home but they never develop a true diehard passion as they can't get close to the action due to boosters, etc.. He looks like he's mocking his own band though.

I wish every major city had an HBCU as that would get the fly by night student to think seriously. No way Atlanta should be void of one or even Birmingham. Grambling is on another level if in Shreveport. Dallas needs one. But I think its by design unfortunately as your pool expands and power is concentrated on one place.
Isn't Miles College basically in Birmingham?

Miles College is in Fairfield, Ala OUTSIDE of Birmingham...but really only a hop skip and a stone's throw from The Ham.

Back