Funny how "people" have sympathy for Andrea Yates and that South Carolina

Bartram

Brand HBCUbian
I'm betting Andrea Yates, that woman that killed all four of her kids in Texas, "WILL WALK",,,, that is, not get put to death.

Now,,,,,,, someone PLEASE explain to me how this woman,,,, and that woman in South Carolina,,,,, WALK,,,, after METHODICALLY killing THEIR OWN CHILDREN.

,,, ok, everyone except you, "oh, well, it is more punishment for her to be kept alive and have to live with what she did" hacks.
:rolleyes: x 1000.

They were roaming the state of South Carolina for the "dispicable kidnappers" and would have put these mythical chaps to death so quick it would have made your head spin! ,,, but OOOPS!! ,,,, uh-it turned out to be the mom of the two dead kids,,, :eek: then all of a sudden,,,,,,,,, they all turned into armchair psychaitrists and got sympathetic. "She has suffered enough",,, "no need to have the families suffer even more",,, blah, blah, f'in blah. :rolleyes: honey ends up in prison "for life",,, but will get out before she dies,,, and be doing the talk show circuit.

Fast-forward,,,,,,, another mom kills 3 of her own,,,,, and then chases another one down before killing him,,,,,,, and now all of a sudden,,, we are hearing the EXACT same spin,,,,,,, "oh, well, it's understandable when she had to put up with all this _________",,,, "oh, well,,, it was the perscribed drugs",,,,, "oh, it was her mean ole husband that drove her to it,,,,, THEREFORE SHE SHOULD BE SPARED". ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,?????:confused: huh? wait a minute,,,, you mean to tell me,,,, you chase down your own freaking kid,,, the last one,,,,,, and kill him,,,,,,,,,,,, and you are shown sympathy and should not get the death penalty,,,, IN A STATE LIKE TEXAS THAT WILL INJECT YOUR ARSE FOR LOOKING AT SOMEBODY WRONG???

Now I see why most of yall were giving each other high-fives when O.J. got off. If "they" can all of a sudden become all psychological and rationalize it, why can't "we"???? but wait,,,,,, the O.J. situation was much more circumstantial than this by a long shot,, I will readily admit,,,,,,, and yet they are going to let this lady walk???????????? :rolleyes:

This has GOT to be a woman thing,,, i.e., there is more sympathy for women who commit crimes when it comes to the death penalty. Then again,, i wonder what the sentiment would be if ole girl was,,, well, uh,, had more pigmentation?

Just unbelievable,,,,,, but, as ya boy would say,,,,, "Only in America".

I feel ya Bart

No sympathy here....Not for the crime she commited. She was diagnosed with depression after her second child, yet...she KEPT having them...Her husband should be indicted too. He is defending her, saying she was sick, if he knew this..why would you let her keep your kids, why wasn't she in a mental hospital if she was that damn depressed. "I'm depressed, let me kill my kids...I don't buy it for a second!...NOT ONE...." she's not fit for or capable of rehabilitation...Rehabilitation can only occur when you have an opportunity to not do what you used you, and refuse. Whose going to let her near their kids again. So rehabilitaion is obsolete. And she killed all FIVE of her kids...not FOUR. No sympathy here my man. And I know...if it was the man killing his kids, he'd be dead right now. He would have been placed in the "prison population" like Jeffrey Dommert, and done away with by now. I dont know about the death penalty per say as a practice, but I wouldn't lose any sleep. If Yates was that sick, and her actions were excuseble, then I will let the Lord handle her judgement. No one can do it better. On the same note, I find it hard to believe that those that sentenced her to death, would receive a more harsh judgement than her.

Later...

Good question Ms Jag4Jag. On ByonW comments.

What I meant originally by, "funny how people have sympathy for" was the jury likely eventually giving her a lesser sentence than the death penalty for a crime that would easily get anyone else the death penalty.

But you raise another good point; do people have sympathy for her. Posing that question to myself, I would say no, I don't have any sympathy for her. I have infinite sympathy for her three kids and especially the fourth one who was chased around the house by her before being killed. I have sympathy for the two kids in that car in SC that died a slow watery death.

I wake up sweating when I have a dream about being chased by something and I can't get away; luckily, I can "get away" by simply WAKING UP. I can't imagine being chased by my mom, as a trusting kid, and killed for real. I just can't imagine that. When I try,,, that really mucks me up. I also can't imagine being in a car, strapped in my seat, going into murky cold water,,, and finally having to breath in and dieing. I just don't know which scenario is worse. probably the latter. at least the former,, the little guy probably went quicker.

ByronW:
ok, 5. I thought it was 4. DANG!
I totally concure on if it had been the father. Further, I just don't understand why there seems to be such a 180 degree flip-flop when it comes to the Mom in SC and now this Mom who commit such brewtal crimes,,, and there are all these hardline death penalty laws in place,, yet now all of a sudden,,,,, the hardline/get tuff on crime stand of the states, AND,,, of the juries involved in the cases,,, can't be found.

And as for depression,,,,,, gee, how many countless black Moms in the depressing inner city,, or in the rural south with all kinds of problems,, have been "depressed"?? There may have been some to kill their children,, but 5 in this fashion,,, and then to be let go?

Also just think if the lady's story in SC would have been true and it would have been a black male kid-napper that killed those two boys.

OH,,, OK,, so you(not you per se) telling me that the same jury would have said,,, "oh,,, gosh folks,,, now wait,,,, this poor hepless black youth grew up in abject poverty in rural South Carolina, with no father,, grandfather was lynched,,,,,, we totally understand his anger at white people,,, we should not put him to death, but let him live to suffer every day thinking about what he has done"????? ,,,HELL THE FREAK NO, so why all of a sudden now, and in SC, the juries all of a sudden became "logical" and "sympathetic" in sparing the young white Mom that freaking maniacally planned this? and the juries in the cases of these Moms are typically the staunchest supporters of the death penalty, being tuff on crime,,, BLAH, BLAH, F-IN BLAH. :redhot:

If we are going to have the death penalty, then dand-gummit, apply it equally. We can't talk tuff, but yet make exceptions for special groups. If that is not the case, then we the freak should drop it because it is just not fair and it leads ot "OJ decisions" and could ensight unrest/anarchy. that's my point in this whole diatribe.

Back