Full Gospel

jig-jag

Some Baptist Churches are changing to Full Gospel. Greater St. Stephens in New Orleans was one that switched. I'm a traditional Baptist. What's the difference?.

There isn't any difference other than the name. People are being confused each day concerning the names of their church. They think if it sounds good, then there is more God...not true!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
VERY BIG DIFFERENCE!!!!!!!

Actuall, A Baptist Church that goes to Full Gospel is indeed Changing its Doctrinal Teachings. If they indeed choose to keep their "RELIGION" title such as Baptist then that title "BAPTIST" is just a name.

A Full Gospel church will include new things. Baptist Churches tend to have a more strict conservative kind of atmosphere that restrict alot of things such as prophecying *SPELLING*, praise and worship, speaking in toungues, and he actual ministry of the word, I mean becaoming more of a WORD MINISTRY!!!

I am praying alot on this subject. I believe every church should be FULL GOSPEL. Why? Religion is like a block for any believer that is not being taught the word. Especially when tradition is a huge part of their service.

I'll say more when we all begin to reply.

GREAT TOPIC!!!!!!

Big Difference

There is a big difference... Having a very diverse background where some religious denominations are concerned...

There is a big difference between Baptist and Full Gospel... Full Gospel allows more freedoms...where as there is more tradition with Baptist...This is NOT true for all Baptist Churches...

Personally, the denomination does not matter to me...What matters is if my soul is getting fed, and I can apply the Word in my daily life.

I've attended Greater St. Stephens in NOLA when it was baptist, and have witness that ministry GROW when it changed to full gospel. My pastor says anything that isn't growing is dead.... Think about small (very small) churches who have 20 members....the same 20 for that past 15 years...but they are hanging on to tradition.... They don't grow.

I find that some denominations are very restrictive...

The differences that are in these demonations (I know the correct spelling), are the differences that man put there. There are no restrictions on how to praise the Lord. He instructs us in his words of how to prasie Him. He didn't say to only run down the isle in the Full Gospel church, or to shout only in the baptist church. Again...only man make those differences, which in my book doesn't even matter because it's man. I'm going to praise God regardless!!!

very interesting. Remember that Jesus Christ represents LIFE. No part of Jesus, if it's truly part of Jesus, represents DEATH. No church is a 'dead church' if it's truly saved / part of the Body of Christ. Dead Church is NOT a legitimate term in the Body of Christ.

I do agree however that some churches may be experienceing a little less of Jesus than other churches in various areas depending on what's being taught/learned at that particular church.

I was unfamiliar with some of the terms(full gospel church, 1/2 gospel church) that were being used at first because I hadn't heard them. I understand your definitions of them now and what you were trying to say. At my church we just call them obediant churchs & disobedient churches, this is also how it's refered to in the bible.

I'm with BluBlood on this denomination thing and giving certain titles to certain churches. Jesus said that in the end, it all comes down to the FRUIT that we bare, "are you in His Will, yes or no."

A denominational name isn't worth the paper it's written on.
To make it simple, My question would rather be, "are you an obedient Christian going to what you feel is a Church operating in obedience?"
I quess that's what's meant by full or 1/2 gospel.

'
nevaehinvesting

WOW! GREAT REPLIES

I am learning sdo much from all of you. I want to start by saying there are some really wise people on this board.

I feel that when churches do add the Full Gospel Part, they are also letting other people know that "We aren't leting the name hold us back. Plus we all know that when you see certain Denominations on buildings, you just won't go there because you know whats inside. Does that make sense?

I think all churches should have names and no denomination. There are indeed denomination barriers that exist today in America in your face! Some of you on this board could be facing them right now. Some say "I am going to praise God Anyway" but in actuality, I know, we know that sometimes, thats just not the case.

I have been to many churches and they seem to be more strict like, No music... Whats the deal with that? I don't see why we can't praise and worship the father through song. Right? What about Worshipping, standing in awe worshipping? Some things just aren't right in some cases. Thats where the Full Gospel part some in.

I have never heard of 1/2 Gospel. Thats like saying 1?2 God. Sounds kind of Scary. Explain those to me if you can.

Some churches do indeed use the name just to use or just because it sounds good. Some do it becaus ethey other churches do it and they want to be like them. I do belive that there is indeed a ver big difference in the deniminational titles. Just because the name, in most cases has alot to do with what goes on inside.

Good Stuff

I have a take on this. Now I have no disrespect for the FGBCF. I am a member of a church that is a NBC, Inc. church and I know that we have been through our share of troubles but the church I am at now is doing all of the things that the FGBCF is doing. We are laying hands on the sick and feeding the hungry. We have a dynamic young adult and youth ministry there and we are holding conferences and revivals it seems like every month. We do not let denominations keep us in bondage because we will visit any church if they invite us no matter whether it is COGIC, Full Gospel, Southern Baptist, or a non-denominational. It is all in the name!! Names are just that, names! Should it matter that we are National Baptist and you are COGIC, no but there are many people who are stuck in their ways and those are the ministries that aren't growing. I know that God is first at our church because of the things that happen there. Throw out the programs because if the Holy Spirit catches on WHOOOOOEEEE!!
In closing, people lets keep our focus on Jesus and not on the ways or methods that we praise Jesus upon. Just let the Holy Spirit have its way in your life and you will have to give a shout.

Back