Free weights vs Machines

jsupop33

Loyalty & Respect
Which do you prefer. Personally, I love the Iron. I also think it requires more effort overall with free weights. You have to stabilize them.

Free Weight are suppose to burn more more as it forces you to balance them and lift. But don't knock the resistance machines as you have to control them both ways...

Free Weight are suppose to burn more more as it forces you to balance them and lift. But don't knock the resistance machines as you have to control them both ways...

I do a combination of both 97. Those resistance machines do wonders for the Triceps.

Which do you prefer. Personally, I love the Iron. I also think it requires more effort overall with free weights. You have to stabilize them.

I use both in my workouts. Love that iron but those machines come in handy. When the shoulder bothering me I hit the machine chest press and get a good pump without fuggn up my shoulder from the dumbells

I use both as well. I use the free machines to develop the shape in my arms and chest. Also I read the free machines to see what areas on my body to develop :tup:

I'd rather do free weights, but there are only things you can do with machines, like the triceps pull down or the lat pull down.

I am in weight loss mode. I never use machines. I'm not ready to use heavy free weights yet. I use my own body weight and LOTS of cardio. It is working well for me.

use the machine for lat pulls, leg curls, etc.

everything else - curls, bench, incline, and when i eventually get back to the squats - free weights.

Back