Franklyn Ajaye

pbla

Focus
Anyone see this comic last night (July 12,2004) on BET? He had everyone in tears last night. He has a unique twist on everything. He is a true comedian. He's not the psychotic and shock comedian type that's seems to be prevalent for today's new jack comics.

pbla said:
Anyone see this comic last night (July 12,2004) on BET? He had everyone in tears last night. He has a unique twist on everything. He is a true comedian. He's not the psychotic and shock comedian type that's seems to be prevalent for today's new jack comics.

Wasn't this the guy who was 'The Fly' in the movie 'Carwash'?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
SLT said:
Wasn't this the guy who was 'The Fly' in the movie 'Carwash'?
Since I hated that song "CARWASH" I never did watch the movie. That song could be used as a tortue technique on me.

northern tiger said:
Yes, homey has been around for a while. He used to work with Robert Townsend as well.

Man, I used to have all of those "Robert Townsend and His Partners in Crime" HBO specials on tape back in the day. Ajaye of course was funny back then, but you also had comedians like Damon Wayans, Reynaldo Rey, and the late Robin Harris that would be on there as well.

Franklyn Ajaye is a throwback because his jokes and delivery are basically how a lot of true old-school comics would come across while they were doing stand-up. They didn't have to yell and scream all the time or use "shock value" as someone else stated. It was actually a refreshing change of pace from some of the fools BET has been giving 1-hour specials to.

I think that's like the 3rd time they have shown his Comicview special. I saw it the first night it came on. It was pretty good.

Back