Francis Berates PV Seniors

C-LeB28

Francis berates PV seniors
By RICHARD DEAN
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

Senior leadership is vital for a basketball program's success. That's why Prairie View A&M coach Jerome Francis Jr. is upset with the Panthers.

Last year's Southwestern Athletic Conference regular-season champions are 7-9 in conference play and in a three-way tie for seventh place, and that's with eight seniors. Eight teams qualify for the SWAC tournament.

In their final home game of the season Monday, the Panthers were embarrassed in a 79-57 loss to Alabama State on Senior Night.

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/sports/2430264

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
you dont talk about the folks that go to war for you every Saturday and Monday night. Some things are better off not being said to newspapers. He should have left these comments in the locker room.

those quotes were taken directly after the game......we played as flat as a pancake...

eight seniors? It's only six......1 senior is in his first year of play and will be back and the other is somewhere in lala land....

4 of the 6 seniors were Plummer's guys....

we will see how this all plays out....it will be a long road trip with this in print.

if we get 7th and get TSU...great....could sneak into 6th with 2 wins and a GSU sweep by the Bamas

Originally posted by the band fan
those quotes were taken directly after the game......we played as flat as a pancake...

eight seniors? It's only six......1 senior is in his first year of play and will be back and the other is somewhere in lala land....

4 of the 6 seniors were Plummer's guys....

we will see how this all plays out....it will be a long road trip with this in print.

if we get 7th and get TSU...great....could sneak into 6th with 2 wins and a GSU sweep by the Bamas

:lmao:

Originally posted by DAHILL
you dont talk about the folks that go to war for you every Saturday and Monday night. Some things are better off not being said to newspapers. He should have left these comments in the locker room.

For the most part I agree with keeping some things in the locker room. I do not like it when coaches (i.e. Pat Riley and Bill Parcells) constantly talk (talked in the case with Riley) about certain individual player?s mistakes. But I can understand Francis' frustration. However, I love his passion.

Right after a game like that, I would expect a player and coach on the losing team to show their frustrations. At least I hope that they show some.

I broke it down on the smack board on a previous thread who was actually recruited by who.....if there was any at all during the late 90s.

Bobby Knight says it, it's considered great words......well, if it is a motivating factor, so be it. the games will be played.

I wonder what Francis would have said after the game if the PA announcer would have given him the microphone.

i dont know if yall want to see tsu in tournament i mean yall were great in the 2 wins against this season but for the second year in row tsu continues to play stronger close to tournament time

Originally posted by MELLOLENO
i dont know if yall want to see tsu in tournament i mean yall were great in the 2 wins against this season but for the second year in row tsu continues to play stronger close to tournament time.

Tell 'em MELL!!!

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Originally posted by the band fan
Mel..you lost by 20 to the team tied for eighth...stay on the band board

And you lost my 20 and could have had a hundred pasted on you my a team in 9th place.

Back