For Those With Office Jobs....

Braveman12

In my current job, I am on my arse about 80% of the day. This is a HUGE change from the past where I was walking around a whole lot. Here, if we aren't in an hour-and-a-half-long meeting, I'm on the phone. Plus, we're always having some type of office social with cake, food, cookies, and anything else unhealthy (which is my weakness...lol). I've been here a few months and it's gotten much harder to maintain my gym gains.

Besides skipping those food socials, what tactics or advice would you give to keep your body right?

Pack your lunch and healthy snacks to eat throughout the day. Keep fresh fruit around. Drink water alllllllllll day. On your break, put on some walking shoes and walk the building, parking lot/garage, etc.

You don't have to skip all of the food socials, just be selective about what you eat or offer to bring something (a healthy alternative ) you can eat.

I usually keep some sort of snacks at my desk, but it's the healthy ones that don't keep you full or satisfied. I like to eat all the bad stuff...:emlaugh: I have an apple and an orange at my desk right now...but I don't want that. :smh:

I try to eat a good lunch and that'll usually be it for me, throughout the day.

For breakfast, I'll usually have oatmeal, a fruit & grain bar and water. UNLESS, I stop at mickey dees for one of those McSkillet Burritos. :licky: I try not to do that very often though.

Pack your lunch and healthy snacks to eat throughout the day. Keep fresh fruit around. Drink water alllllllllll day. On your break, put on some walking shoes and walk the building, parking lot/garage, etc.
What she said in both of her posts... When we have a "social" I always bring something "healthy." During Christmas, I bought a jar of Dole mandarin to sit amongst the fudge, cakes, cookies, and other "sweets" as that was the theme for the day. We did February birthdays last week, I didn't go.

In my current job, I am on my arse about 80% of the day. This is a HUGE change from the past where I was walking around a whole lot. Here, if we aren't in an hour-and-a-half-long meeting, I'm on the phone. Plus, we're always having some type of office social with cake, food, cookies, and anything else unhealthy (which is my weakness...lol). I've been here a few months and it's gotten much harder to maintain my gym gains.

Besides skipping those food socials, what tactics or advice would you give to keep your body right?

Walk, walk, walk. Take breaks and get to moving.

I work in a very large place, where everything seems miles away anyway. So, when I'm walking around the "office," I sometimes try to keep do a brisk walk, especially when I'm coming in in the mornings. From my car to the office, feels like a half mile. Seriously. And it just may be.

Back