For the ladies who asked me for help....

delock

BARBERSHOP COO
I will help you if you help yourself. Losing weight is not something easy to do since most of you have routine lifestyle or bad eating habits. With women, it is more difficult to drop weight due to your body compare to men. However, it is not impossible.

Losing weight is made up of....

85% eating right..not diet but lifestyle change

15% exercise

Most of you have I never seen in person so I do not know your body type or your health condition. So with that I am asking for the following.

1. Go to the doctor and see if it is ok to work out and make sure you do not have any medical conditions.

2. If all is good..get a body fat test done. This can be done at any gym. Make sure they measure your body parts and use calipers. Not the plastic ones.

3. Decide on a time when you can work out. For most doing, cardio is the first thing we will focus on. If you have a gym membership..cool dust the card off and get ready to use it. If you do not have a gym membership go on craigslist or backpage and find a use treadmill, upright bike or stair stepper. These three machines are excellent to lose weight.

4. Water intake...truth be told water is a natural fat burner. It will help flush your system.

I will be right back to finish this....

I have increased my water intake close to a gallon a day. I have also started walking a mile each day and doing 50 cruches and walking lunges increasing the set by 10 each day until I get to 150 and will stable off at 150 a day.

I started my workout on yesterday..I do have a question?

I got a meal plan and it states to eat 6 meals a day. I have always worked out, but I never could eat 6 meals a day, I barely eat 2 meals a day and I lose weight. Is that okay for me to stick with just 2 meals a day.

I will also increase my water intake

I lost 1 pound already..:flippy::flippy:

I started my workout on yesterday..I do have a question?

I got a meal plan and it states to eat 6 meals a day. I have always worked out, but I never could eat 6 meals a day, I barely eat 2 meals a day and I lose weight. Is that okay for me to stick with just 2 meals a day.

I will also increase my water intake

I lost 1 pound already..:flippy::flippy:

I would not do the happy dance just yet over one pound. If you wait yourself as soon as you get up in the morning. YOu will weight less then before bed.

As for the 6 meals...yes. THe meals help with increasing your metobolism. When you eat 2 your body will slow down on the processing knowing the next meal is not coming for awhile.

Dayum, I'm so late. :( :lol:

Well, I've incorporated more water (8 glasses a day); a cup of Special K Cinnamon & Pecan for breakfast; an orange for my mid-morning snack, a light lunch (salad and chicken); an apple for my mid-day snack and a few reduced fat Wheat Thins; and a medium sized dinner (mostly chicken, a side salad, and a side item); and a small cup of sugar free Jello pudding for dessert. :lol:

I also cut out red-meat (it's been 4 months now) and I'm STILL trying to incorporate more cardio- at least 30 minutes a day. :tup:

So far without the cardio, I've lost 5 pounds. So imagine how more I could lose if I can stick with the cardio. :clap:

Last edited:
As for the 6 meals...yes. THe meals help with increasing your metobolism. When you eat 2 your body will slow down on the processing knowing the next meal is not coming for awhile.

Dayum, that explains why my azz still be hungry. :lol:

But as far as the six meals, that sounds right; cause I do the meal main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 3 in-between snacks (fruits, veggies, etc).

Dayum, that explains why my azz still be hungry. :lol:

But as far as the six meals, that sounds right; cause I do the meal main meals (breakfast, lunch, dinner) and 3 in-between snacks (fruits, veggies, etc).

feel hungry in between....drink water

my eating habit were phenomenal in Jan/feb. i was only drinking water, not even alcohol, fresh/raw veggies and fruits and fish and protein(eggs) in the am. now i'm slowly trying to get back on track with that as i went on my bday trip and lost it. I still only drink water(with alcohol mixed in maybe once a week), so the water thing never got off track.

now, i need info on lifting, lbs size, free weights or machines, or both and reps. i'm doing cardio through classes(50mins/3 days) and plan to increase that by use of treadmill or elliptical, etc for at least 20 min on the class off days. those are the days i wanna lift. one of my classes we use weights during the work out. but i want to know the best route with lifting outside of the class when i'm working out by myself.

I have been consistent with my workout for about 3 weeks now, and I feel so good both inside and outside. Cut back on high fat foods and sweets. Still trying to eat the 6 meals a day, but have not succeeded on that part yet.
Clothes falling off, so I guess that is a good sign:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I have been consistent with my workout for about 3 weeks now, and I feel so good both inside and outside. Cut back on high fat foods and sweets. Still trying to eat the 6 meals a day, but have not succeeded on that part yet.
Clothes falling off, so I guess that is a good sign:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

woo hoo.....that is great to read. I love when someone see the results of hard work.

cut out the high fats and sweets. if you crave fats eat almonds (plain).

you will lose inches before pounds...good work!:D

Delock, any advice for if you crave sweets?
Also, what if I don't really want to lose weight but want to take inches off the waistline & tone up a bit?

Delock, any advice for if you crave sweets?
Also, what if I don't really want to lose weight but want to take inches off the waistline & tone up a bit?

nuts and fruits for the sweet craving

some type of mild cardio 3 times maybe 4 times of weeks.

woo hoo.....that is great to read. I love when someone see the results of hard work.

cut out the high fats and sweets. if you crave fats eat almonds (plain).

you will lose inches before pounds...good work!:D

another question?

I do a step class at least twice a week, and then get on my treadmill for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. I will increase my time on the treadmill to 35 minutes. I want to lose twenty pounds. Am I doing right?

another question?

I do a step class at least twice a week, and then get on my treadmill for 30 minutes at least 4 times a week. I will increase my time on the treadmill to 35 minutes. I want to lose twenty pounds. Am I doing right?

"Step in the name of lost, step in the name of lost"...sorry

But yeah..I would try to go to 40 minutes instead of 35. Are you going to increase your speed or incline? If so do it in moderation also.

"Step in the name of lost, step in the name of lost"...sorry

But yeah..I would try to go to 40 minutes instead of 35. Are you going to increase your speed or incline? If so do it in moderation also.

Another question. I am doing my best to do the six meals a day..lot of protein. What should I eat on the days I can't work out?

same thing but add one cheat meal a week. your cheat meal will replace one of your 6 meals...not all of them.

same thing but add one cheat meal a week. your cheat meal will replace one of your 6 meals...not all of them.

Got up to 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, so now that will be my time limit, then I will try to make it an hour..Is that too much??

Since you stated on the days I can't work out that should be my cheat meal (which I did on Sunday) what type of foods should I eat...People are calling me skinny now...:clap::clap::clap:, not really never was fat or skinny, just want to lose a little more pounds

Got up to 45 minutes on the treadmill yesterday, so now that will be my time limit, then I will try to make it an hour..Is that too much??

Since you stated on the days I can't work out that should be my cheat meal (which I did on Sunday) what type of foods should I eat...People are calling me skinny now...:clap::clap::clap:, not really never was fat or skinny, just want to lose a little more pounds

Cheating is based on you....if you eat bad..more work you will have to do. If you cheat clean then less work you will have to do.

Cardio is never to much lol..

Back