For all you financial gurus and thinkers

Tony

I mean someone who was on the street, and
Started selling drugs and in less than a year.
Had money to burn????

Didn?t the guy who helped brought crack to South Central become President? I think his son also became president and he had a son to become Governor of the sunshine state. I heard they are big in the oil business. :read:

Have You ever seen a successful drug dealer?

Had money to burn????
Most of them cats have money to burn as soon as they start selling since they usually live with their Mom.

Have You ever seen a successful drug dealer?

Had money to burn????

I don't know any drug dealers, successful or unsuccessful.

Most of them cats have money to burn as soon as they start selling since they usually live with their Mom.

Or they don't know how to save or can't open a bank account so they always have the money on them. They spend, spend, spend, and then they get caught up trying to account for all their "flash" with no legal job. At least that's how it went down in my neighborhood.

As soon as they start? I'm talking about Big Money, the kind where you can
pay cash for a Phantom.

I don't know any drug dealers, successful or unsuccessful.

Never asked about knowing a drug dealer, I asked have you ever seen one.

Or they don't know how to save or can't open a bank account so they always have the money on them. They spend, spend, spend, and then they get caught up trying to account for all their "flash" with no legal job. At least that's how it went down in my neighborhood.

Did they have alot of money???

As soon as they start? I'm talking about Big Money, the kind where you can
pay cash for a Phantom.
The ones I know start back in the 80's when I was in high school. I don't know of any that have started recently...

You can always tell who isn't really from the streets. Hint to the wise. Street dealers are the youngsters. Just like the worker Bees of the hive. Perception is a mug.

You can always tell who isn't really from the streets. Hint to the wise. Street dealers are the youngsters. Just like the worker Bees of the hive.
Right. Half of the cats on my ninth grade hoop team (back in '87) never played 10th grade because they 'opened up shop'.....

You can always tell who isn't really from the streets. Hint to the wise. Street dealers are the youngsters. Just like the worker Bees of the hive. Perception is a mug.

I understand that, but what I'm in search of is;

Are there any people who started out poor from the streets,
and through drug dealing became wealthy???

I understand that, but what I'm in search of is;

Are there any people who started out poor from the streets,
and through drug dealing became wealthy???
Most street dealers (teenagers) get caught up either with the police or other dealers before they get wealthy.

Most street dealers (teenagers) get caught up either with the police or other dealers before they get wealthy.

So are you saying the ones who make the Big Money from drugs, are
people who were already wealthy before becoming invoved with drugs?

Oh so this is Semantics now.

I mean wealthy as in having hundreds of thousands that you can spend, at anytime, and still live very well
I have no idea. All the dealers I know are either in jail, dead or no longer dealing. It's tough to make a LONG career out of something that the law doesn't approve of. Add in other dealers gunning for you, and you got problems.....

Nope, the thread is not about illegal drugs, it's about becoming wealthy.
Why do you think more people are not wealthy?

There are plenty of reason I believe people are not wealthy, many are covered in the thread "Millionaires Mind".

Basically it boils down to RISK. Wealthy people are more riskier than non-wealthy people. I guess it applies to drug dealers. They know the RISK of dealing drugs is death and jail, yet the reward is MONEY. I think the wealthy people apply or have applied the same principle.

Mark Cuban knew the risk of quiting his first corporate job after two weeks shortly after graduating from Indiana University was he could be unemployed and broke, yet the REWARD of starting his own company (Broadcast.com, which later was sold for more than one billion dollars to yahoo.com) would be financial security for life.

Back