Football Recruit Killed, Attempting to Rob Liquor Store

I'm :smh: at some of the thoughtless, heartless comments on this topic.

I guess all of you upstanding, self-righteous folks have NEVER made any dumb, crazy decisions in your lives or I guess NOBODY in your family has made any crazy decisions either. :rolleyes:

But if by some small chance you have actually made stupid decisions or know somebody who has, just be grateful that you didn't have to pay the ultimate price, like this young guy did.

Sad situation
:(

Originally posted by mighty hornet

I guess all of you upstanding, self-righteous folks have NEVER made any dumb, crazy decisions in your lives or I guess NOBODY in your family has made any crazy decisions either. :rolleyes:

But if by some small chance you have actually made stupid decisions or know somebody who has, just be grateful that you didn't have to pay the ultimate price, like this young guy did.

Sad situation

MH....

I have one of the WORST families in Huntsville. If you said my last name to a HPD, they could tell you all kinds of crazy stories. My brothers do it ALL. 2 of them are in prison now, I have a 17 year old nephew that just got sentenced to 25 years in prison. Do I feel sorry for them HELL NO. My brothers have robbed damn near every gas station in NorthWest Huntsville. My nephew stole his teachers car from school and was on a hr high speed chase through Huntsville, running from police. All this, while on probation for breaking in the MAYOR of Madison's house (Madison is a suburb of Huntsville). I tell them all the time, you either gone get KILLED or be in jail the rest of your life. They call me the "good boy" because I am tryin to better myself by going to college and I dont stay in trouble. They dont really like me and I dont really like them, but they are still my brothers. They know the consequences of the things they do BEFORE they do it. IF they were to get shot, IT WOULD BE THEIR OWN DAMN FAULT. GET A DAMN JOB... dont take what other people have worked hard for.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
DAHILL,

First of all, damn, you got some rough folks :D

but seriously, I understand the point you're making.

But as wrong as your folks are for doing what they do, if they were to get seriously hurt or worse, you would still feel some sorrow I'm sure.

Just like this recruit was all the way wrong for trying to rob this store. I can still feel some sorrow that he was KILLED. (not given 5, 10 years in prison, but KILLED)

DAHILL,

First of all, damn, you got some rough folks :D

but seriously, I understand the point you're making.

But as wrong as your folks are for doing what they do, if they were to get seriously hurt or worse, you would still feel some sorrow I'm sure.

Just like this recruit was all the way wrong for trying to rob this store. I can still feel some sorrow that he was KILLED. (not given 5, 10 years in prison, but KILLED)

I dont and never will feel sorry for them. Whatever happens to them is because of what they CHOSE to do. My brother has admitted being arrested over 25 times from middle school till now (he is 42 now) Has done PRISON TIME... if he hasnt changed his life by now, it aint going to happen. It is rubbing off of my nieces and nephews. Now they are teenage thugs doin the same things that my brothers do. After my dad committed suicide in 2000, things just blew the hell up from there. He was the only person keeping all of us together. Some people want to blame the parents, but my dad did ALL HE COULD DO for all of us. They just CHOSE to go the wrong route. I KNOW one day, I am going to get a phone call saying that they are dead or have been shot. I wouldnt cry.... it is expected. Everytime they get locked up, I get these prison letters, talking about Jesus this, Jesus that. I dont even read them no more. As soon as they get out, back to the streets.

To tell you how stupid just one of my brothers is let me tell you a short lil story....

After my dad committed suicide, the detectives took the gun to their department until the case was considered close. My dumbass brother tried to go to the police station to pick up the gun (to pawn for drugs).... When he went there the police officers told him to follow them upstairs... His dumb ass got locked up because he had a warrant. He basically turned himself in without even knowing it. SMH.... now yall see why I GOT THE HELLLLL UP OUT OF HUNTSVILLE and transferred. I cant DEAL WITH BEING AROUND STUPID PEOPLE.

DAHILL,

Stay strong, my brother.

But don't let the misfortunes of your family harden your heart toward the plight of others.

Peace

Whatever happend to "Thou shall not steal?" The little bastard should have had his ass in school. But he wants to go out and rob a liquor store. Not only did they have intentions on robbing the place...but he had a pellet gun also. I would have blasted his punk azz too!!! So I guess if he would have shot the store owner...you'd be blaming society and crying me a river. Please...HE'S WORM FOOD NOW!!!!

there's gonna be alot of slow singin
and flower bringin
if my burgular alarm starts ringin
whatcha think all the guns is for?
all purpose war got the rottweilers by the door
and I feed em gun powder so they can devour
The criminals tryin to drop my decimals
DAMN.. *****z wanna stick my for my C.R.E.A.M.
and in a dream things ain't always how it seems
It's the ones that smoke blunts witcha
see your picture, now they wanna
grab they guns and come and getcha
Betcha Biggie won't slip
I got the calico with the black talions loaded in the clip
So I can rip through the ligaments
Put they bodies in a bad prediciment
where all the foul ni$$as went
Touch my cheddar, feel my Beretta
Buck with what I had you with
you mothersuckers betta duck
I leave stains on blood of what remains
Had to jack-it, he had a gun he should've packed it
Cocked it, extra clips in my pocket
so I can reload and explode down ya arsehole
I buck around and get hardcore, C-4 to ya door no beef no more
Feel the rush, scandalous
The more weed smoke I puff, the more dangerous
I dont give a buck about you or your weak crew
What you gonna do when Big Poppa comes for you
Start runnin, ni$$a I bust my gun in
Hold on I hear somebody comin...

Originally posted by Blacknbengal
Whateva happened to "Pray for our kids?"
"Teach one, reach one."

Sad situation

Well, I won't go that far but I sure as hell have never robbed any one.

:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Blacknbengal

And you wonder why the criminal ALWAYS shoot the victim during the robbery. Not always because they fear the victim may identify them, but they fear they may get fired upon themselves.

That "I have to take them out before the take me out" attitude. :smh:
BB, you make it sound like the robber is the victom.

WELL, I MUST AGREE WITH A LOT OF YOU GUYS. I AM A DRUG COURT INTENSIVE PROBATION OFFCIER IN NEW ORLEANS. I HAVE HAVE SEEN IT ALLLLLLLLLLLL.

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR ANYONE WHO COMMITTS ARMED ROBBERY OF ANOTHER.

IF YOU LOOK AT LIKE THIS;

SAY IT IS YOUR MOTHER OR YOU WIFE THAT GETS ROBBED AT GUN POINT. HOW DO YOU THINK IT WOULD FEEL IF THEY HAD A GUN PUT IN THEIR FACE AND THE IDIOT SAID, GIVE IT UP?
YOU WOULDN'T.

I FEEL THE SAME WAY. YOU WANT TO PLAY THE GAME, YOU GOT TO PLAY THE GAME. HE PALYED AND LOST.

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON HIS SOUL.

This is sad. Just goes to show you don't go to a gun fight with a knife. Hopefully someone will learn from this tradegy.

Having over $5000 worth of cash and merchandise stolen from my house last summer (while my 2 nephews and niece were there), I can't say I have any pitty for any thief. Whether it is a robbery or burglary.

Remember the difference between the two. Robbery is stealing with the intent to harm your victim. Burglary is stealing without your victim knowing.

I agree, this boy played a game. A game in which someone had to lose. Fortuantely it was his DUMB AZZ.

This is a sad situation. He knew what he was doing. Fools try to rob people with fake guns, the only thing that they can be thinking is that since it is not real, if I get caught then it won't be that bad. A relative and his boys did a series of armed robberies and the last one of the night happened to be an Off-Duty Deputy Sheriff...they had fake guns. Fortunately he was hit so hard that when he got up firing he missed them and yes they did get caught and they were athletes. People choose their actions. I have done some real stupid things up until I even graduated from college. I finally got caught and I learned my lesson. I hope this tragedy is a lesson to any other "Thugs in Tranining".
Southern University

I am trying to live as Christ would have me to live and it is difficult. My old nature tells me "If you play with fire you will get burned" or "Live by the Gun, Die by the Gun. I could go on. My new nature tells me maybe the community is not doing enough. Churches building Gyms and larger Santuaries but limiting membership and programs for the outsiders. Church Members not making time for the programs to help outsiders. I think Huntsville is a good place to raise a family though there is violence. I go home (Dayton) and see some of the same people on the same corner singing the same song....the man keeps us down, let me have a few dollars. People killing people for no reason.....two girls were fighting at school - they got suspended and sent home. One was going home on the bus and the other in a car. The one in the car followed the bus, shot and killed the girl. Where are the morals, was this necessary over something petty, robbing and getting maybe enough to get through the day. Back in the day you could send the Delinquents off to the Army for some real transformation but now they don't want them. We might want to try that program especially during this time of war. It thins out the bad influences. I am going to attempt to get involved with the community through my church because if I don't someone will be gunning me down, sticking me up or breaking in my house.....

What the hell does the community have to do with a sane person making a consciene decision to committ armed robbery. What about all of those people in the "SAME COMMUNITY" that are law abiding citzens. TWO TEARS IN A BUCKET.....

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
Having 2 bullets put in my body, by a guy robbing me of $10, and hoping he didn't stand over me, and finish me off, is hard to feel sympathy for someone who robbed, and got slain in the process.

However, I wish the kid would've taken an alternative route in making money. You live by the sword, you die by it, in his case by the gun.

NICE

Is he dead? According to you, thats due punishment.

What that lying cheating stealing bastard did "twice" is just as bad as what the Hamption kid did. His was even more deadly cause he robbed his friend, someone he has to go into battle with. Plus since his family is supposedly well off, he was robbing people for the hell of it.

I just asked cause I figured you would have this double standard when it came to someone that would benifit your program.

Oh well...I guess thats just how he was raised.

My parents always told me that if you can't do the time, don't do the crime. In this case, that kid's time is eternal.

Smiley, you can't blame the community for his actions. Hell, the boy had signed to play college football which meant his education was payed for.

Why is it that some of us talk about having sympathy for someone who knowingly chose to do wrong? If I was to have any symapathy for anyone in this situation, it would be for his family for the possible shame he might have brought upon them. If he had hurt or killed one of the workers, would you have sympathy for them???

Originally posted by Get Ready
Is he dead? According to you, thats due punishment.

What that lying cheating stealing bastard did "twice" is just as bad as what the Hamption kid did. His was even more deadly cause he robbed his friend, someone he has to go into battle with. Plus since his family is supposedly well off, he was robbing people for the hell of it.

I just asked cause I figured you would have this double standard when it came to someone that would benifit your program.

Oh well...I guess thats just how he was raised.
Brandon Reed did not hold a gun to anyones head. What's your logic dude?

No

Brandon Reed is too much a backstabbing slime of the Earth two faced coward to pull a gun on somebody. He would rather gain the confidence of his team mates and then steal from them. He knows they probably wont bust a cap in his no good rogish ass.

Just trying to see how you guys really felt about this when it hit close to home. I figured you would make an excuse for one of your own. Oh, and one more question, should he be allow to continue to play on the team?

If Gunn had caught him in the act and busted his head wide open then he would have gotten what he desereved.

I'm not on the team, it's not my decision. I don't have to deal with him.
Just trying to see how you guys really felt about this when it hit close to home. I figured you would make an excuse for one of your own.
Oh ok. So your bball players are saints compared to Brandon Reed. I mean, she was a slut anyway, right?:rolleyes:

Back