Flu Shots

Nope, can't. Has an active virus, will make me very sick. I used to years ago. Still got the flu. I do get a pnuemonia shot every five years.

My son has asthma, so they recommend he get one.

The one year I listened to that shat, I was off work for damned near two weeks, because EVERYONE in my house got the flu, INCLUDING him. He just didn't get it as bad as everyone else, and wasn't sick for as long.

No one in our house has had a flu shot since.

We get the flu shot every year. My son has serious allergy and sinus problems and his doctor requires he get one.

:topic: Your Lucy avatar is killin me! :lmao:

I'm hesitant because I thought originally the rule of thumb was to not take them unless you were in higher risk groups, so I was always of the belief that if you were not very young, very old and didn't have any circumstances that put you more at risk, it was not recommended. seems to me if you are in a low risk group and take them, it eventually hinders the ability of the body to naturally respond to new viruses/bacteria.(but hey, maybe we are in an age of super bugs where viruses/bacteria are mutating faster than our immune systems can naturally adapt to them?:scared::scared:) don't know if that is a good reason though because what about tetinus shots, polio, etc that you get? anyway was just curious because it seems like today everyone gets them and i'm like, if you are healthy, why? this co-worker say, "because they free, i don't have to pay for them". i couldn't argue with that. :lmao: I heard the idea of making (in this one case i think they were talking about if there's ever a vaccine for AIDS. don't have link to story but will see if I can find it.)vaccines/shots manditory. That I'm totally against. but again, what about all the shots you get now when you are young.

When I was teaching full-time, I got one every year at the school. I last got one about 3 years ago and I'll probably get one this year.

Mine is scheduled for October 18th and my son's is being scheduled now. Hopefully, he'll get his sometime next week.

I don't think I've ever had a flu shot, unless it was done when I was really young. During flu season I keep my Lysol in full effect.

When I was teaching full-time, I got one every year at the school. I last got one about 3 years ago and I'll probably get one this year.

yeah that situation, oh man, you are in a high risk group because you got kids coming from all walks of life with all kinds of viruses. there are so many opportunities for exposure in a school environment. Every door handle is touched by every kid; you touch same, rub your eyes/nose, boom, you have a nasty cold or the flu or whatever is going around in the classroom.

I don't think I've ever had a flu shot, unless it was done when I was really young. During flu season I keep my Lysol in full effect.

Me either other than maybe when I was in Jr high/elementary. What's amazing to me is the stuff I must have been exposed to as a kid, especially in the 70s way before all of the awareness of today. All the stuff I touched as a kid and didn't wash my hands and then put my hands on something that went into my mouth/nose/eyes,, oh my goodness. I wondered how in the world could my parents (or parents now days) protect you against everything? Seemed impossible, so I figured, you know it's just part of growing up, it's actually the way we build our immune system because as kids we are exposed to so much and the body reacts and produces anti-bodies which are in our system from then on (or in our DNA to be produced when needed) to prevent or lessen the effect of the next exposure, like the man-made vaccines and exposure we now get.

well don't look now, I heard on a radio show today that the bird flu virus is mutating and closer to being able to survive temps in the human nose and mouth.

i got one once and got the flu
so i dont fool with them any more....
i am hit or miss on the flu i went 5 years with out getting it

i got one once and got the flu
so i dont fool with them any more....
i am hit or miss on the flu i went 5 years with out getting it

Many people report that. Seems I heard that is a side-affect, but actually is the body building anti-bodies against the strain from that point on, but i'm not versed in medicine, just my understanding. seems to make sense if vaccines are actually derivatives of what they are supposed to be protecting you against.

Many people report that. Seems I heard that is a side-affect, but actually is the body building anti-bodies against the strain from that point on, but i'm not versed in medicine, just my understanding. seems to make sense if vaccines are actually derivatives of what they are supposed to be protecting you against.

i got the shot back in 99
i was sick as a dog...i was down for 2 weeks with the flu
i didnt get the flu again until 06 again down for 2 weeks
i am not fooling with the shot ever again.... lol
some people dont get sick some do
i am in the some do group

You know, from the news, it sounds like we may need to worry more about bacteria. What's up with this staff infection that's spread beyond the hospitol to high schools? This was unheard of (at least at school) when I was in school.

Back