Florida Blue Florida Classic!

BCU & FAMU are very good at what they do, but I don’t see how the state of Florida doesn’t find them boring.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
BCU & FAMU are very good at what they do, but I don’t see how the state of Florida doesn’t find them boring.
Boring is relative. I find most band battles with trumpets, fhorns, and tubas playing up an octave, out of tune, trying to out loud each other via the latest rap hook boring and lacking in skill. I find most squad based step 2 drills to be lacking in creativity. You seen one you seen them all. Most bands in the south are trying to be clones of SU because loud is easy but they don't have the versatility of SU. A lot of this shit out here now is boring.

Last edited:
Good stuff. But some of FAMU's symmetry on the field looks a bit off. I like the mascot formation. BCU's tuba sound is 💯. FAMU's ballad didn't move me this time. I mean, I was entertained watching it here on YouTube. And no...everyone isn't a clone. Just Bama State and AAMU alone aren't anything like the MS bands or SU so please don't believe the hype.
Back to FAMU-BCU...I detected less petty between the two this year. First year in the swac so I know they'll they'll back to a bit more aggression at each other later.

Back