Federal embezzlement charges filed against Nathan Haymer

tsugraytiger

Also I found out he stole from Washington-Marion High School band yet SU still hired him smh. This is why God warns us against greed and materialism ... he lost his dream job because of it. SU was paying him well enough for him to live comfortably especially in BR. He's definitely going down ... I knew when he was posting his expensive shoes on Instagram I became really suspicious of him (in many ways).

U.S. Attorney Brandon J. Fremin has filed federal embezzlement charges against former Southern University band director Nathan Haymer, according to a release from the Middle District of Louisiana on Friday.

Haymer, 42, is facing charges of federal program theft.

“From November 2016 through March of 2018, Haymer intentionally misapplied more than $30,000 that Southern University had provided to him to be used for official band expenses,” the release stated. “On more than a dozen occasions, Haymer submitted false documents, such as fictitious and forged invoices from purported vendors, knowing that he had not incurred the expenses reflected on the documents.”

In the release, Fremin commended Southern University for its cooperation in the investigation and expressed appreciation for the work conducted by the Louisiana Legislative Auditor in preparing the audit. He also applauded the FBI and Lousisana State Police to bring the charges that will be prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Alan Stevens.

Haymer was named interim band director at Southern in June 2014.

His tenure as band director ended in May of 2018 when reports surfaced that he allegedly violated state ethics laws by requesting personal payments from organizations after band performances. Charges that he has since denied.

Last edited:
Reactions: BG
Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
Wow. Man I hope this isn’t true, but someone told me when the feds go after you, you’re guaranteed a sentence because they do go after cases they know they can’t win!

Also I found out he stole from Washington-Marion High School band yet SU still hired him smh. Also this is why God warns us against greed and materialism ... he lost his dream job because of it. SU was paying him well enough for him to live comfortably especially in BR. He's definitely going down ... I knew when he was posting his expensive shoes on Instagram I became really suspicious of him (in many ways).

Great investigative reporting! Bottom line is, Haymer's "sticky fingers" finally caught up with him.

Oh without a doubt he's guilty of what the Feds are charging him with. They've been working on this case for nearly two years now ain't no way they're just filling charges they can't win.

I feel bad for Nate, but hey "You Reap What You Sow..." so he's a grown a$$ man and has to deal with whatever come about from this.

I hate to see it, but wrong is wrong.. But you are right, people may hate his cockiness but from media to corporate sponsorship Haymer was doing his thing.. He even started to make his rounds on starting a massive fundraiser for a new band hall. But greed got in his way.

Click here to visit HBCUSportsStore
At least he’s staying positive. He’s posting on social media like everything is normal & he isn’t under investigation by the feds.

I’d be on the next flight to Cambodia or something if I were him

Wow. Man I hope this isn’t true, but someone told me when the feds go after you, you’re guaranteed a sentence because they do go after cases they know they can’t win!

My sis-in-law is a prosecutor. She told me years ago when the feds investigate you ... they're going through everything. That's a reason their conviction rate is so high.

It's true AF. If he's convicted ... he won't be in there with the three strikes cats. He'd probably be in some low- to medium-security setting for like 2 years and have to pay that restitution.

At least he’s staying positive. He’s posting on social media like everything is normal & he isn’t under investigation by the feds.

I’d be on the next flight to Cambodia or something if I were him

He's a 100% psychopath so he isn't quite operating in reality ... he's playing the part.

Last edited:
Also I found out he stole from Washington-Marion High School band yet SU still hired him smh. This is why God warns us against greed and materialism ... he lost his dream job because of it. SU was paying him well enough for him to live comfortably especially in BR. He's definitely going down ... I knew when he was posting his expensive shoes on Instagram I became really suspicious of him (in many ways).

U.S. Attorney Brandon J. Fremin has filed federal embezzlement charges against former Southern University band director Nathan Haymer, according to a release from the Middle District of Louisiana on Friday.

Haymer, 42, is facing charges of federal program theft.

“From November 2016 through March of 2018, Haymer intentionally misapplied more than $30,000 that Southern University had provided to him to be used for official band expenses,” the release stated. “On more than a dozen occasions, Haymer submitted false documents, such as fictitious and forged invoices from purported vendors, knowing that he had not incurred the expenses reflected on the documents.”

In the release, Fremin commended Southern University for its cooperation in the investigation and expressed appreciation for the work conducted by the Louisiana Legislative Auditor in preparing the audit. He also applauded the FBI and Lousisana State Police to bring the charges that will be prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Alan Stevens.

Haymer was named interim band director at Southern in June 2014.

His tenure as band director ended in May of 2018 when reports surfaced that he allegedly violated state ethics laws by requesting personal payments from organizations after band performances. Charges that he has since denied.
That's not exactly true, folks assumed he did the way the news investigator wrote it up. If he stole from them then he wouldn't have still been employed there the following school year before SU hired him.

Haymer going down, but Im gone say this from some sources who went to SU .... they shed light on this to place darkness on bigger issues at the time that would make some who sit on that “holier than thou board” they got over there need to step down. Prayers to the haymer family , and SU affiliates y’all know what y’all did... and I’m gone keep it at that.

Haymer going down, but Im gone say this from some sources who went to SU .... they shed light on this to place darkness on bigger issues at the time that would make some who sit on that “holier than thou board” they got over there need to step down. Prayers to the haymer family , and SU affiliates y’all know what y’all did... and I’m gone keep it at that.

Well this just got more interesting...

We already know that Haymer became a casualty of political infighting at SU, which happens at every University. Haynes should have been more careful about which side he liked the most, but IMO, I think the Hollywood bright lights had gotten into Haymer's eyes. My ex-wife is a perfect example of what those bright lights can do to a person. Doc Greggs mastered the ability to navigate around SU's political battles, especially when it involved the SU Board. When SU band made public appearances, Doc Greggs made sure that the SU Board was in full agreement with it, which is something Taylor needs to be fully aware of, since his employer is the Southern University System Board who are POLITICAL appointees. IMO, Haymer just wasn't season enough to deal with the political infighting.

Last edited:
Back