Farrakhan Visits PV

Storm96

Minister Louis Farrakhan ‘SPITs Knowledge’ at Prairie View A & M University

PRAIRIE VIEW, Texas – The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan served as guest lecturer at Prairie View A & M University Wednesday, November 9, 2011. Farrakhan’s appearance was part of the Students Participating in Transcendent Knowledge, or S.P.I.T Knowledge, an unconventional platform which offers a diverse genre of speakers to the students and community in a method that is not usually given in a traditional classroom setting.

People of all ages, races and walks of life attended the event to hear Farrakhan’s message of education and empowerment.

"We are honored to be at Prairie View tonight. I am grateful to the students who invited me to come," said Farrakhan, who had not been to the campus in 23 years.

Farrakhan remarked how his appearance was something unexpected—and may not have been welcomed – on other college campuses.

"Education should prepare you to listen to anyone and judge them for yourself as to whether they are worthy to be listened to," he said. "The person that has knowledge has potential power to remove any impediment in the pathway of our progress."

Security was tight at the event, which was free to the public, and attendees went through TSA-style pat-downs before entering PV’s William "Billy" J. Nicks building, also known as "The Baby Dome."

In the dome, the crowd was treated to various uplifting performances including spoken-word poetry, singing and rapping from Houston artist K-Rino.

Inspiring words were spoken by Texas rap legend and Rice University professor, Bun B of UGK, who impressed upon the youth the importance of the minister’s visit.

Farrakhan

Well I have a distaste for him so I really don't think that he can really enlighten me on something of interest!

Well, I disagree with Farrakhan on many issues but I have always admired his courage and willingness to stand on what he believes no matter who disagrees with him. That's called integrity and it's rare in our society.

Politicians don't know where they stand without an opinion poll. We have college coaches and administrators who don't know whether they should turn in a sexual predator of children. We have young people whose values are determined by rap lyrics. On and on ....

It's good to see a man stand for something whether I agree with him or not.

Made the front page of The Final Call

297787_10150369387607971_587517970_8242414_1007908640_n.jpg

Wished I'd known he was attending. Love to hear him speak and <b>some</b> lol of his words of wisdom. :tup:

Back