Fantasy Baseball

northern tiger

Does anyone no of any good quality fantasy baseball leagues that are free. Some of the better leagues require a fee but do not award prizes. CBS Sportsline was cool until they started charging. The lowest rate they charge with a cash prize is 29.95. Its not that serious. But for those Yankee fans who CLAIM that they know baseball, this is where your skills will get tested. Playing FB is is how I got the scoop on Alphoso Soriano. A couple of years ago, I desperately needed a second baseman because my original pick did not pan out. After doing some research, I had it narrowed down to Soriano and Mark Grudzielanek. I decided to go with Soriano because Grudz was injury prone. And that was his breakout year. His all around stats were on time like a mugg.

yahoo has had very good one's in the past that I have played with my cousin and a couple of his ex-major league baseball friends..

Man, stay away from those free leagues. That is, if you two play the game seriously. Too often, in those leagues, people either sign up and never actually participate or they quit during the season and all of a sudden your league that started out with 10 or 12 teams is all of a sudden down to 5 or 6 active teams come June or July. Even the ones that you pay for, like cbs sportsline's $29.95 deal, sometimes ends up with those same problems.

A few years ago, after being frustrated with that kind of stuff, I gave up on those and started my own league with some friends and co-workers. Last year, we took a break mainly because my wife had just had our baby and I wouldnt have time to be commish and none of them wanted the commissioner's job. This year, though, we are just about ready to go and are using rotowire.com as our league website because it is more flexible to use than cbs sportsline. The cost is only $69.95 but ofcourse we have complete control of the website and our franchise fee for each team ($75) covers the cost of the website and all league prizes. (We don't put nearly as much money into baseball as we do football.)

Anyway, that's my advice to you two. Start your own league on cbs sportsline or rotowire or any other service and run your own thing. Gather some co-workers and friends that have interests in baseball and get started. Doing it with friends and co-workers assures you of some serious competition and trash-talk.

Back