FAMU reports 196 NCAA violations

Webdrone,

I am well aware of the NCAA Division I A transfer ruling that was a subject of a great debate and finally ruled upon by the NCAA Football Committee. That was explainable unlike this 196 NCAA violations report.

webdrone said:
Go ahead and invite a headache into your house :winkgrin: Don't blame me when they wreck the joint.

What the article does not mention is the fact that the MEAC stopped FAMU from sneaking a bunch of 1-A transfers in below the NCAA radar last year. :scared:
They weren't allowed to use the transfers because of their intentions of becoming D-IA and the meac didn't have anything to do with it because they weren't members of the meac in football last year Einstein. :smh:

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
bluedog said:
They weren't allowed to use the transfers because of their intentions of becoming D-IA and the meac didn't have anything to do with it because they weren't members of the meac in football last year Einstein. :smh:

They were playing a FULL MEAC schedule Egor! That is why the MEAC stepped in. I know that you are not trying to change history. You are simply ignorant of 2003 MEAC history. :retard:

webdrone said:
They were playing a FULL MEAC schedule Egor! That is why the MEAC stepped in. I know that you are not trying to change history. You are simply ignorant of 2003 MEAC history. :retard:
Them playing a full meac schedule as you call it, has nothing to do with them being a member Einstein. Are you really that slow?

bluedog said:
Are you really that slow?

blink.gif
Yes, I is. I should by me one dem cottage degrees from southern
smile_poop.gif

webdrone said:
blink.gif
Yes, I is. I should by me one dem cottage degrees from southern
smile_poop.gif
Seems like you're having enough trouble getting a free one to me, but while you're at it maybe you can explain to the class if FAMU was a member of the meac last year why they aren't included in the year end stats and why their games aren't counted in the conf. race.

While you're at it explain to the class what the notation at the bottom of the schedule means please sir.

2003 MEAC Football Statistics
Statistics Leaders
Standings and Schedules
Single-Game Highs/Lows
Conference-Only Stats Leaders
http://www.meacsports.com/sports/men/football/stats_standings/stats2003/confstat.htm

2003 Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference

Final Football Standings

http://www.meacsports.com/sports/men/football/standings/standings.htm

Let me educate you son cause this is getting old. :lmao:

As for the MEAC dropping a dime on FAMU?s @ss to the NCAA over 1-A transfers:

?Bethune-Cookman coach Alvin Wyatt (0-5 vs. Florida A&M) complained about the number of Division I-A transfers that are on the Florida A&M roster?.?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/meac/home.htm

Seems like you're having enough trouble getting a free one to me, but while you're at it maybe you can explain to the class if FAMU was a member of the meac?

Who in the HAIL said that they were a part of the MEAC back then? Stop making **** up. :lmao:

?why they aren't included in the year end stats and why their games aren't counted in the conf. race.

<a href="http://www.meacfans.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011342;p=1">June 23, 2003: FAMU ruled ineligible for regular-season title</a>

Before you go wasting everybody?s time, please do YOUR OWN homework. I can?t do my work and yours too. Like I said, I don?t think that you are intentionally trying to re-write MEAC history, you are simply ignorant of MEAC events.
eusa_dance.gif

Its been fun baby, but like I said, this is getting old :lmao:

I am ignorant to MEAC history and want to understand the connection between BCC's coach and FAMU's Division IA transfers. How's this connected to the transfer problem that FAMU had last year? Based on all of the newspaper articles that I read I thought that they were fine having the transfers when they were playing at the IAA level. I thought that their problem came when they suddenly announced their intentions to move up to 1A. This made those 5 players ineligible since they were no longer transferring down to a 1AA level. How did BCC's complaint at the end of 2002 espose a problem that wasn't a problem at that time?

Webdrone is making no sense. FAMU didn't apply for 1-A until 2003. The articles you posted were from 2002.

The date on the article is wrong. Just look at the results to the right. FAMU went 6-6 last year (2003) not in 2002. Plus, it would not makes sense to complain about 1-A transfers in 2002 - as you stated.

webdrone said:
Let me educate you son cause this is getting old. :lmao:

As for the MEAC dropping a dime on FAMU?s @ss to the NCAA over 1-A transfers:

?Bethune-Cookman coach Alvin Wyatt (0-5 vs. Florida A&M) complained about the number of Division I-A transfers that are on the Florida A&M roster?.?

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/football/meac/home.htm

Seems like you're having enough trouble getting a free one to me, but while you're at it maybe you can explain to the class if FAMU was a member of the meac?

Who in the HAIL said that they were a part of the MEAC back then? Stop making **** up. :lmao:

?why they aren't included in the year end stats and why their games aren't counted in the conf. race.

June 23, 2003: FAMU ruled ineligible for regular-season title

Before you go wasting everybody?s time, please do YOUR OWN homework. I can?t do my work and yours too. Like I said, I don?t think that you are intentionally trying to re-write MEAC history, you are simply ignorant of MEAC events.
eusa_dance.gif

Its been fun baby, but like I said, this is getting old :lmao:
bluedog said:

webdrone said:
They were playing a FULL MEAC schedule Egor! That is why the MEAC stepped in. I know that you are not trying to change history. You are simply ignorant of 2003 MEAC history.
webdrone said:
Go ahead and invite a headache into your house :winkgrin: Don't blame me when they wreck the joint.

What the article does not mention is the fact that the MEAC stopped FAMU from sneaking a bunch of 1-A transfers in below the NCAA radar last year. :scared:
Now maybe you can explain to the class why the meac would be concern with Famu if you weren't implying they were a member.

webdrone said:
<font size=5>Do y'all still want this cheating @ss school in your conference?</font>

:rolly: :lol: :spin:

You know my feeling about FAMU and TnSt. They do not want to be in the SWAC and we should be content with their position.

If HBCUs are going to move to Div 1A, in my opinion we should do it as a conference, because politically any HBCUs that move independently will not be successful. There are just too many obstacles to do it alone.

orange tiger said:
Fla. A&M reports 196 NCAA violations

By Heath A. Smith
DEMOCRAT STAFF WRITER

FloridaA&M has self-reported 196 NCAA violations - most of them involving the participation of student-athletes who should have been ruled academically ineligible.

The infractions, which occurred during a recent five-year span, are detailed in documents FAMU submitted to the NCAA earlier this year. The report, which was obtained by the Tallahassee Democrat after a records request, reveals that the university was first contacted about potential problems in September 2002 after several student-athletes expressed concerns to the NCAA over eligibility certification and the disbursement of financial aid.

After 20 months of gathering facts and conducting interviews, the NCAA sent FAMU president Fred Gainous an official letter of inquiry on June3. The governing body of collegiate athletics should conclude its formal investigation in early July. In the letter, the NCAA notified Gainous that its investigation was focusing on the academic "certification of continuing and prospective student-athletes" but would be looking into other issues as well.

FAMU's report covers the period from 1998 to 2003 and was submitted in May to both the NCAA and the Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference for review. The university has recommended penalties it would impose, including the reduction of scholarships in several sports.

In addition to the academic issues, FAMU has reported that there is no record of signed drug-testing consent forms by numerous student-athletes.

In all, the report lists 117 student-athletes in 14 sports who were not properly certified for their academic progress. The report reveals that 51 of the student-athletes involved are football players. But men's and women's basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, men's and women's track, men's and women's swimming, men's and women's tennis, golf and bowling are also involved in the infractions.

Joseph RamseyII, who is serving as an interim athletic director, said the MEAC and NCAA could agree with FAMU's penalties or opt for stiffer ones.

"We had a good conversation with the enforcement committee," Ramsey said by phone from Miami Friday. "We really don't have any idea what is going to happen. The main thing is to cooperate fully with the NCAA."

MEAC Commissioner Dennis Thomas said that the conference would submit recommendations to the NCAA Enforcement Committee sometime next week.

In a letter written to the NCAA Sept.4, 2003, Jonathan Evans, assistant athletic director for compliance, explained specific instances where a total of six ineligible players were allowed to play in football games - four in 2001 and two in 2002. It's not known whether the MEAC will require FAMU to forfeit any wins in football or other sports.

Evans wrote that in one particular case a misinterpretation of NCAA guidelines led to the improper certifications. Evans revealed that a player mistakenly was credited with 90 hours toward his degree requirements when he had only 81 hours, which did not meet the NCAA's satisfactory progress rule.

The report concluded that lack of staffing and inadequate resources led to many of the miscalculations by the compliance office. In some instances, courses that needed to be retaken because of a failing grade or incomplete were counted twice.

Ramsey said measures to help correct these problems are being implemented, including the hiring of an additional assistant athletic director for compliance by Aug.1. Also, a new software program allowing faculty and advisors to more accurately monitor the academic progress of students will be operational by January.

Ramsey said the compliance office's budget would be increased by 15 percent to improve staffing and upgrade equipment.

Ramsey also said the university would help the athletic department - which is expected to end the fiscal year with a $700,000 deficit - with some of the costs.

http://www.tallahassee.com/mld/tallahassee/sports/9016696.htm

HOW IN THA HELL DO YOU FIND ENOUGH INFO ON YOURSELF TO REPORT 196 VIOLATIONS. :smh: :smh:

I'm late on this, but somebody tell me where the PEOPLE IN CHARGE WERE. If they FOUND 196 violations themself, the NCAA gonna REEM FAMU. :scared:

Even the KING's of NCAA VIOLATION's in Mississippi, ----MISSISSIPPI STATE --- ain't nowhere close to being like this. They might have 10 every 2 years. :goof: :goof:

MightyDog said:
........If HBCUs are going to move to Div 1A, in my opinion we should do it as a conference, because politically any HBCUs that move independently will not be successful. There are just too many obstacles to do it alone.
:jump: I agree with you 1000%

But anyway, since FAMU infractions are self reported, the NCAA might be a little lenient(sp) on their program.

pbla,
I don't think it is going to matter that they reported the violations. AAMU has finished it NCAA Certification that is required when a program move from D2 to D1AA. I served on that committee and it is hard for me to believe that anyone could have that many violations without knowing it. It appears to me that the SWAC may not be as good as many of you think, but I don't believe you will see that many violations from a SWAC Team. Although, we have a few but I think our schools do a good job of following the rules.

Is it a fact that Coaches have to take exams to show that they understand the NCAA Rules?

Click here to visit HBCUSportsShop
MightyDog said:
pbla,
I don't think it is going to matter that they reported the violations. AAMU has finished it NCAA Certification that is required when a program move from D2 to D1AA. I served on that committee and it is hard for me to believe that anyone could have that many violations without knowing it.

When a committee get's "self-reported" violations like this, do they just follow these, (combining same violations in different year's into one big case), or do they "Use" these to go off in different directions looking for other stuff.

196 would lead to a lot of different directions if they do.

It is my understanding that NCAA Members are suppose to report infractions. Some infractions can occur without the AD or Compliance Officer knowing about the infractions. A student athlete, fan or alum can commit an infraction and based on how the infraction took place; what the school did about it will determine what the NCAA will do. If an athlete volates a rule and the school suspend him or her for three games, this type of action may be enough, but not meeting the credit hours would be more serious.

But if you have 196 violations this is very serious and may call for a full investigation of the entire program, but you never know.

It does make you wonder just how the AD and administration at FAMU has been kept in the dark about this many violations. Let's get real here, folks. There are programs that have been placed on probation by the NCAA more than a few times, and have not had THIS number of violations.

I sure hope the good folks down in Tallahassee can avoid the NCAA's mightiest wrath.

:scared:

^^^^^^^^^^
For real. That's why I mentioned Ms. State.

Every 2 years something comes up in Starksville ............... BUT NOTHING LIKE THIS.

Honestly, I expect the HAMMER to fall on FAMU.

Was SMU that bad when they got the death penalty???

With this many violations, the Rattlers are going to do some serious forfeiting.
Wonder if this is going to cost Billie Joe his job?

First Alabama State now FAMU. :confused:

Divine intervention needed at FAMU

By Roosevelt Wilson
Publisher

Let us pray for Florida A&M University, for it appears only divine intervention can stop the university?s backward slide toward the road to more self-inflicted pain and the land of the ordinary.

If FAMU officials have studied the problem long enough to discover nearly 200 violations of National Collegiate Athletic Association academic progress standards for student-athletes in 14 of the university?s 18 intercollegiate sports, why aren?t some heads rolling?

To make matters worse, FAMU Board of Trustees chairman Jim Corbin said he was blindsided ? if the report is true.

http://www.capitaloutlook.com/columns/against-the-grain.html

Robber said:
Honestly, I expect the HAMMER to fall on FAMU.

Was SMU that bad when they got the death penalty???

SMU was worst and I don't think you will see a repeat of SMU infractions ever again.

MightyDog said:
SMU was worst and I don't think you will see a repeat of SMU infractions ever again.
Co-sign. SMU had an elaborate pay for play scheme set up. Basically had a team full of pros.

Back