FAMU Dental School close to becoming reality

Cool, FAMU is doing it big. There are only a few HBCU'S with Dental schools.

I only know of Howard.

Sidenote: I am trying to learn this Federal Government-HBCU game. It is interesting how things work and a lot of stuff is literally being coordinated in DC. I may be going to work on Title III programs here at the Department in January. One of my mentors here is really trying to push me into the HBCU administration/presidency route.

I only know of Howard.

Sidenote: I am trying to learn this Federal Government-HBCU game. It is interesting how things work and a lot of stuff is literally being coordinated in DC. I may be going to work on Title III programs here at the Department in January. One of my mentors here is really trying to push me into the HBCU administration/presidency route.

Meharry also.

I only know of Howard.

A lot of descions are being made in DC in regards to all types of every areas of importance.

FAMU has scaled back their plans.

http://www.flcourier.com/flflorida/6784-famu-scales-back-dental-school-plan

HBCU partnering with UF while UCF keeps most of original plan

TALLAHASSEE – After two universities pitched a plan in September to open new dental schools in Florida, the unsatisfied governing board for the State University System told the universities to come back in two months with more information.

Their main critique was that neither plan sufficiently addressed the problem of how to bring more dentists to underserved, rural areas. A recent Department of Health study said the existing dental schools in Florida sufficiently meet demand and that dentists are needed primarily in rural areas.

Florida A&M University (FAMU) and the University of Central Florida submitted their revised plans for new dental schools to the Board of Governors on Oct. 21 in preparation for a meeting in early November.

FAMU is smart. The Department of Education ended up giving them some money to start planning, they are required to get matching funds from the state.

We also go slots in the UF dental school for our people and funding for post baccalaureate medical sciences training, to include additional staff. This budget crunch is hurting us, but I do see us getting a dental and veterinary school when the budget crisis eases.

Back